When did you convert to your political ideology????

Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

acousticvalley
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2005, 5:35 am

Last edited by acousticvalley on 09 Nov 2005, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 9:04 pm

Sean wrote:
Bec wrote:
Namiko wrote:
And since I can't vote yet, I do not have much of a say in what goes on. :( Sadly...

Don't worry. At the moment your side seems to be doing very well politically. :( Sadly...

Bec, There is such a thing as running defense for your quarterback. :wink: Just because the Republicans are geting there way more than usual doesn't mean we can't still end up becoming a communist country someday with all the problems thereof.

Bec, very clever of you. ;) Sean, it seems like the US is going to become a communist state eventually... at least at times it does. :?

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 6:17 am

A capitalist communist state perhaps.........where you have no freedom and you have to work 70 hours a week for $5.15/hour for some dodgy corporation which is pulling apart the planet!! !!

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 6:49 am

Oh, like corporatist fascism? :P

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:02 am

duncvis wrote:
Oh, like corporatist fascism? :P

Exactly comrade, exactly......... :twisted:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:08 am

Conservative.

The reason I swung to the right was because so many low income poeple were so rude and nasty to me for absolutley no reason.

The right in NZ tends to support people who help themselves.. not people on unemployment benifits.

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:25 am

Quote:
The right in NZ tends to support people who help themselves.. not people on unemployment benifits.

That is a contradiction in terms. Surely if one is able to help themselves, then one doesn't need support.

N.B. Benefits is spelt with an 'e' after the 'n', rather than an 'i'.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:17 pm

RobertN wrote:
Quote:

That is a contradiction in terms. Surely if one is able to help themselves, then one doesn't need support.

N.B. Benefits is spelt with an 'e' after the 'n', rather than an 'i'.

Maybe so, but it encourages people to get jobs rather than suck of the government.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 3:27 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Maybe so, but it encourages people to get jobs rather than suck of the government.

Off or off of the government you mean? Conservatism encourages people to be nasty and cheat to get their own way like survival for the fittest for those that know how to play the game and it encourages the less well off and disabled to die or turn to crime if there are no alternatives to a decent living standard.

Maybe if low-income people had a more decent standard of living and grew up with this they would be less likely to be critical and nasty. It was under Margaret Thatcher's conservative government and the go-getting selfish attitude prevalent at the time that Britain had more unemployed people than before and so 'creating' an atmosphere in which more people are likely to be unforgiving.

One of the smartest things Maggie and her cronies done when under pressure of industrial action and the collapse of their right-wing government was to finally allow the working classes to buy their council house (after years of conservatives trying to keep serfs paying them for the houses) and so succesfully putting them under pressure to split with their colleagues in left-wing industrial actions because they had to keep up the mortgage of the house unlike some of their colleagues that lived in a council house who where covered by benefits.

Lots of the upper classes get obscenely big benefits, sorry 'grants' (sound much more respectable) to keep their obscenely grand houses and the masses of land to go with it?
Unemployment benefit might not be favoured by the rich but conservative policies works out ways to keep them from doing a hard day's work. Roles like 'advisors' where they maybe spend all of 36 hours of a year 'advising' governments, their agencies, quangos and bureaucrats all seem to make a pretty penny out of doing very little. Then the disabled and the unemployed are supposed to feel guilty about taking a little money from the government that prevents them from dying or turning to crime? Well i wont!

Last edited by eamonn on 05 Oct 2005, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 4:03 pm

Extremely well put, Eamonn. I couldn't have put it better myself. Thatcher was the most evil woman ever to have lived!! !! She totally destroyed respectable working-class communities, and now those same communities are nothing but drug dens.

And the Benefits for the Upper Class. I said something about them earlier today. Why should Lord such-and-such be paid £1 Million per year by the government to grow nothing on his land??

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 4:32 pm

Exactly Robert, the same people (conservatives) that put the working classes behaviour down are largely responsible for their demise into drug-ridden s**tholes. Only when people allow everyone in the world to have a decent living are we going to have a chance of eradicating the ghettos of some working-class areas.

Conservative criticisms are a joke since they brought in the 'look out for themselves' 'im alright Jack!' attitudes in the eighties as a way of keeping power for themselves and the rich (succesfully unfortunately) and it is like me mistreating and starving one of my cat's then having the gall to get annoyed when he bites the other one (this is an example, i really do feed them adequately).

This is not an excuse for the disgusting behaviours that go on with too many people, far too often in a lot of poorer areas, particularly council estates but if everyone in the world had a decent standard of living and honesty and decency was thought of and treated as a sign of strength instead of weakness then we can punish criminals without the wiff of hypocrisy that there is now. Right now in most areas and workplaces being a good liar with little ethics is the best thing one can do to 'further' themselves.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 7:05 pm

What sacrament do you want to go by: baptism, communion, or confirmation?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter because the asocial democrats have none of those! :lol:

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 8:25 pm

NeantHumain wrote:

Well, I guess it doesn't matter because the asocial democrats have none of those! :lol:

Isn't that more religious related, Neant? I know the Catholics have several sacraments they believe in and I don't think much of it has to do with politics (even if the Roman Catholic Church used to be more of a political organization back in the Middle Ages). :?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 9:49 pm

eamonn wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Maybe if low-income people had a more decent standard of living and grew up with this they would be less likely to be critical and nasty.

I meant off, it was a spelling mistake.

You're right I guess, half of them won't get jobs they'll just steal things. I am only middle class, but will have to work hard for a living. But People getting free money for no reason still annoys me.

I don't think being called a "skiny white b***h" shoved rudely, and spat on should be acceptable whether somoene is poor or not to be quite frank.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 9:55 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I don't think being called a "skiny white b****" shoved rudely, and spat on should be acceptable whether somoene is poor or not to be quite frank.

8O No wonder you hold racist sentiments!

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 11:10 pm

NeantHumain wrote:

Not sure i understand you there. What has religion got to do with any of this? The democrats arent asocial. If you mean im preaching and are insinuating i am asocial then thanks pot. Please consider your own position before attacking the law abiding members of wp!! ! :lol:

Last edited by eamonn on 06 Oct 2005, 3:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.