Are AS girls attracted to AS guys without knowing they're AS

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

yesplease
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 4:41 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
The probability of meeting a stranger aspie girl by coincidence(and not through some aspie organization/site) that has enough balls to admit that she has something that almost no one heard is too ...tiny.
It isn't like there are two people picked at random out of the whole population, I imagine PhD-centric groups tend to attract people who share certain specific characteristics, one of which could be the spectrum.

MostlyHarmless
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2008, 3:49 am

Although I wrote about it in another post...I can look back and realize before I knew I was an Aspie that I have always been attracted to Aspie guys and indifferent to NT men. I must have a man who is intelligent, intense, and somewhat eccentric or I get bored. Looks don't matter much either. I'd go for a geeky looking Aspie that a hot NT any day.

Soopervilin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2008, 6:00 am

CaptainMac wrote:
OK, here's the deal...I've got this girl who freely admits she has AS who is crushing on me/obsessing about me. She doesn't know that I've got AS.

Do you think there's something in some AS people that draws them to others even if they don't really know them? Is this possible?

BTW: I have no interest in dating right now since I'm trying to get into a good grad school and then a PhD.

If you're not interested then send her my way!

merr
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 11:34 am

CaptainMac I understand your dillema in dating and pursuing higher education. Everone tells you that it will be very hard to finish your education if you put it on the back burner, but at the same time you dont want to let this girl go. Why not try both?

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 6:32 pm

I'm sure you can fit SOME time for a girl. I know I'm busy with school, but everybody needs a break, and if a girl's interested, seize the chance! Many guys with AS struggle to find a girl who likes them! (And the same goes for girls :evil: )

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 6:35 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:
Do you think there's something in some AS people that draws them to others even if they don't really know them? Is this possible?

Personally, I don't think so. It's either coincidence or you made it up.

The probability of meeting a stranger aspie girl by coincidence(and not through some aspie organization/site) that has enough balls to admit that she has something that almost no one heard is too ...tiny.
:roll: There are many Aspies at my school that will admit it.
They're also not STRANGERS. They have talked before, and although there's not enough info to say, they are probably friends.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 6:37 pm

Well my girlfriend is an aspie, her AS Quiz score was 132, mine was 150, her brother is low function autistic.