Asperger’s original description of Autistic Psychopathy

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Irisrises
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2008, 9:34 am

That's interesting to read. Asperger was a pioneer so some of his generalizations are not widely accepted today, such as attributing homosexuality and sadism to his patients. I've read some autistic adults' descriptions of how they used to enjoy provoking people as children because it produced such interesting patterns and colours, but even for those who have that trait it's not sadism.

Needless to say, his observations are based on a very small sample of people. But some of it is uncannily familiar. :o

Bubbles117
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Mar 2008, 11:10 am

I just figured that generally aspergers meant a one-track mind and being socially distant and mentally in a world of your own.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2008, 11:16 am

I derive pleasure from the suffering of others, especially suffering that's of their own making, or of no one's. That's sadistic as far as I can discern. I'm also very good at being malicious if I so wish; I used it a few times in high school, and it's beautifully cruel.

silentchaos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Mar 2008, 11:24 am

I was pretty cruel until sometime around age eight i think. I never understood that anything else had feelings until that age. But now i am nice, or at least i try to be. :twisted: