Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 9:54 am

Sometimes, when I listened to my voice on tape when I was a kid, I sounded like I had an English accent. (This was before I'd heard of Roger Bannister). I also had a very high, little girlish voice. I am American of German and Italian descent. (Possibly I still had a trace of a German accent.)

annotated_alice
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 11:32 am

sinagua wrote:
When I was about 10 and reading all the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, I went through a phase of calling my parents "Ma" and "Pa" and wearing a gingham dress and being extremely helpful around the house. ;)

I totally did that too!! :D I also adopted a southern drawl for ages after reading "Strawberry Girl" by Lois Lenski. It drove my parents nuts! :lol:

sinagua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2008, 2:06 pm

annotated_alice wrote:
sinagua wrote:
When I was about 10 and reading all the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, I went through a phase of calling my parents "Ma" and "Pa" and wearing a gingham dress and being extremely helpful around the house. ;)

I totally did that too!! :D I also adopted a southern drawl for ages after reading "Strawberry Girl" by Lois Lenski. It drove my parents nuts! :lol:

LOL! Cool! I grew up in Oklahoma, so I didn't have to work too hard to get the southern drawl. In fact, my first name is Laura - so it was extremely easy for me to daydream that I was Laura Ingalls Wilder, growing up wild on the prairie. ;)

Good times. :)