Compliments to aspie males from NT women

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Midnite
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Apr 2008, 7:04 pm

What kind of compliments do aspie males like to hear from NT women?

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 7:10 pm

For me, probably something that I think I'm good at or some part of me that I think is nice. Like I got a compliment once for my new glasses, it was from a guy who was just being friendly but it was a nice feeling because I liked them too and it felt good to have that confirmed in my mind. Sometimes a compliment about something I don't think is so nice is cool and quite memorable if they can persuade me of such a counterintuitive notion, but this is rare. I've been given a couple of more graphic compliments from women in nightclubs that I didn't respond to at all, and didn't even think were that sincere, but part of that might have been my lack of self-confidence in my appearance (especially my body).

Lordnarfington
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Apr 2008, 7:16 pm

I like it when people literally rofl at my jokes. Though I guess you have to truly find something funny to really do that....

I guess the compliments I like most are the ones I know (or can atleast be made to believe) are truly sincere, much like Hector said. To me, an honest insult is better than an insincere complement.

Odarp

01 Apr 2008, 7:24 pm

well, i really feel akward with compliments that are too straight foward (i dont believe them) so something like "you look better with that hairstyle" (I just got a new hairstyle, I was feeling insecure about it, one of my girl classmates told me this and I felt really nice)
Or maybe something like "hey, you made this ______! its really cool" (drawing, poem, photo, etc.) would work, well at least for me, it would make me feel good without getting intimidated

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 8:11 pm

Midnite wrote:
What kind of compliments do aspie males like to hear from NT women?

Nice man boob. :lol:

Just kidding.

There is nothing you can expect from a woman except good, great, better, that wonderful, wow, fantastic, that amazing, you are smart, you are great, that nice, you look nice etc.

Saying.... wow you are so strong now that being too overboard.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 9:15 pm

Lordnarfington wrote:
I guess the compliments I like most are the ones I know (or can atleast be made to believe) are truly sincere, much like Hector said. To me, an honest insult is better than an insincere complement.

Quoted for truth. I don't want to sift through lies to get at what you're really saying...

aaronrey
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2008, 9:20 pm

"i like the way you think about....."

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 11:00 pm

When they admire the smell of my farts and bowel movements. I find that makes me feel proud.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 11:16 pm

I like it when they talk about my dimples or my hair color and how my eyes seem to change colors sometimes.