Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 12:12 pm

I don't support any of the remaining field. I think I will force myself to vote for Obama. He's probably like Jimmy Carter but that's slightly better than being a Clinton with PMS or another W.

NewportBeachDude
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2008, 3:21 pm

Well, I'm Conserv so it's not surprise who I'm supporting. But, all the campainging is starting to make me hate everyone involved. Too much! Next time, they should have 1 year to campaign and be over with.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 3:42 pm

Legato wrote:
Disclaimer: I voted for Ron Paul in the primary, and I'm sad to see him fail so utterly when he had so many donations and such a huge following. I blame it on the laziness and apathy of my generation. VOTE DAMN YOU!

i was up earlier that morning, voted and got my ass to work with little delay (i believe i ended up being 30 minutes late).

but to be honest, his campaign was doomed. he's too much of a soft-spoken nice guy to be aggressive enough when he's attacked. he's too polite and too much of a gentleman.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 1:00 am

Legato wrote:
Disclaimer: I voted for Ron Paul in the primary, and I'm sad to see him fail so utterly when he had so many donations and such a huge following. I blame it on the laziness and apathy of my generation. VOTE DAMN YOU!

Yeah, I know. He was the first candidate from my state in my lifetime who I wasn't embarrassed of. By the time the primaries were in Texas he was already finished. :(

05 Apr 2008, 4:33 am

Obama

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 6:17 am

Legato wrote:
Regardless of who you like, JUST VOTE DAMNIT!! !!
VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!! !! I don't care for whom you vote just do it!! !!

I also voted for Paul. Really, I think his problem was a combination of not having enough experience/hired political handlers to be able to run an effective national campaign and not receiving the media coverage he deserved. Seriously, the guy kept breaking fundraising records, had more support form the MILITARY than all other candidates COMBINED, was the only Republican who opposed the war, etc. From what I see among people I know, pretty much everyone who bothers to look up what Paul stands for ends up supporting him.

But on a side note, your naive idealism is rather touching. First, my vote is completely meaningless, regardless of who it is cast for. Even if you assume that we have fair elections (which we don't) my vote is well within the counting error when they tally the votes. And I'm from Ohio; I have seen openly rigged elections in my home state (that's why W is a two-term President). In New Hampshire and several other states this year, the Diebold executive in charge of counting votes was a convicted cocaine trafficker.

We do not have fair elections; this is a pretty well-established fact. Even if we did, there is still something to be said for non-participation. To vote says that you approve of the types of candidates who are out there, even if you don't. This reinforces the current system. A refusal to vote is akin to a vote of no confidence, and says that you are not represented by the candidates that the media has offered you.

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2008, 4:52 pm

Clinton vs. McCain
I could live with either one.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 4:53 pm

Spiral153 wrote:
Clinton vs. McCain

I was tempted to respond "I could live with neither" but then I realized that we're currently under Bush. I doubt either Clinton or McCain would be appreciably worse.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 5:01 pm

Orwell wrote:
Spiral153 wrote:
Clinton vs. McCain

I was tempted to respond "I could live with neither" but then I realized that we're currently under Bush. I doubt either Clinton or McCain would be appreciably worse.

i could easily see clinton being appreciably worse and mccain will be more of the same...which will also get progressively worse as it goes on.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 5:30 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Spiral153 wrote:
Clinton vs. McCain

i could easily see clinton being appreciably worse and mccain will be more of the same...which will also get progressively worse as it goes on.

Hm... McCain will get a bunch more US troops killed in the immediate future, and place us in significant jeopardy by making us look weak with failed wars, exposing us to possible threats from rising powers like China.

Obama will collectivize everything, which is a lasting way of damaging our country and will only get worse after he leaves.

Hillary seems to be somewhat similar to Obama in terms of collectivist sympathies, but not as keen on ending the war.

So do you want hemlock, arsenic, or cyanide?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 5:46 pm

Orwell wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Spiral153 wrote:
Clinton vs. McCain

Hm... McCain will get a bunch more US troops killed in the immediate future, and place us in significant jeopardy by making us look weak with failed wars, exposing us to possible threats from rising powers like China.

Obama will collectivize everything, which is a lasting way of damaging our country and will only get worse after he leaves.

Hillary seems to be somewhat similar to Obama in terms of collectivist sympathies, but not as keen on ending the war.

So do you want hemlock, arsenic, or cyanide?

i'll take a massive heroin overdose. seems like the most relaxing way to go.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 6:48 pm

skafather84 wrote:
i'll take a massive heroin overdose. seems like the most relaxing way to go.

Sorry, Edwards already dropped out. :lol:

SqrachMasda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2008, 4:07 pm

MIKE GRAVEL

there is not even a close alternative
he's very much still in it to win it
the best candidate ever