Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 1:47 pm

NavySEAL83 wrote:
McCain. While I don't necessarily agree with all of his views, he is the best out of the remaining three.

Obama is inexperienced and naive, it is painfully starting to show.
Clinton....too many bad things to list about Clinton.

QFT

BesideYouInTime wrote:
Barack Obama. I will not cast a vote for anyone else.

Are you saying that in zombie monotone?

Are your eyes spinning yet? 8O :o 8O :o 8O

The Hypnotic Orator has him, ladies and gentlemen.

digger1 wrote:
as much as I'd love to have another Clinton in office, I ain't voting for hilldog.

No Billary, eh? ;)

skafather84 wrote:
NeverMore8123 wrote:
McCain

Not because I agree with his policies, it's just that voting for him we would get more of the same and maybe in that time we could find someone else to run the country... :(

more of the same would destroy the economy and most likely lead to a bloody world war....a real world war, not just some little petty fray like vietnam or iraq.

:roll:

skafather84 wrote:
Averick wrote:
The Clintons. Bill would run by proxy, and you all know it.
Don't waste your vote on an esoteric muslim and a fascist closet-case with alzheimer's, k?

clinton sucked and is part of why our economy is going down the tubes.

Newsflash: Our economy is not going down the tubes. Booming is more like it.

Dry up, wet blanket.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 1:57 pm

Averick wrote:
The Clintons. Bill would run by proxy, and you all know it.
Don't waste your vote on an esoteric muslim and a fascist closet-case with alzheimer's, k?

I would hope that Bill would run by proxy, but I fear that Hilary would take control. As stated by economist Brad deLong who worked in the Clinton administration:
Brad deLong wrote:
My two cents' worth--and I think it is the two cents' worth of everybody who worked for the Clinton Administration health care reform effort of 1993-1994--is that Hillary Rodham Clinton needs to be kept very far away from the White House for the rest of her life. Heading up health-care reform was the only major administrative job she has ever tried to do. And she was a complete flop at it. She had neither the grasp of policy substance, the managerial skills, nor the political smarts to do the job she was then given. And she wasn't smart enough to realize that she was in over her head and had to get out of the Health Care Czar role quickly.

http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movabl ... 01600.html

Frankly, I would vote for Bill if the entire legal status and historical status of him were different, but is it smart to rest my hopes that he would take control from his wife? I don't think so.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2008, 2:03 pm

I support Barack Obama.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 3:16 pm

Woodpeace wrote:
I support Barack Obama.

Why?

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2008, 3:34 pm

Ragtime wrote:
BesideYouInTime wrote:
Barack Obama. I will not cast a vote for anyone else.

Are you saying that in zombie monotone?

Are your eyes spinning yet? 8O :o 8O :o 8O

The Hypnotic Orator has him, ladies and gentlemen.

I guess that means it's official......he's an Obamatron.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 3:42 pm

I support Barack Obama.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 3:44 pm

Ragtime wrote:

again, just like religion: just because you say it over and over again doesn't make it any more true.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 6:02 pm

Ragtime wrote:

What?

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 6:09 pm

Orwell wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

What?

Obviously, Ragtime either lives in a town wholly owned and operated by Halliburton, in which case I'm sure it is booming from the infusion of embezzled taxpayer money, or he's completely delusional.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 6:12 pm

Obres wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

What?

Obviously, Ragtime either lives in a town wholly owned and operated by Halliburton, in which case I'm sure it is booming from the infusion of embezzled taxpayer money, or he's completely delusional.

LOL! Mean, but true.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 10:35 pm

Orwell wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

What?

Bush said we are not headed for a recession. We all know that if Bush said it then it must be true. Bush is never wrong.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 10:40 pm

zendell wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

What?

Bush said we are not headed for a recession. We all know that if Bush said it then it must be true. Bush is never wrong.

"President Bush said that he now believes in global warming, as a result I'm not sure anymore"
-Lewis Black

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 10:43 pm

My original plans were to either vote for Kucinich or Paul, but now that they're not in the race it will probably be Obama. At least he doesn't scare me like Clinton does.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 5:53 am

Clinton is nothing but a status symbol and cares nothing for the people. He's running cause "she can" and she's a woman. If her healthcare thing in the previous Clinton's administration is any hint, she has no idea how to manage anything. She's a face, nothing more. Also, the fact that she wants to garnish the wages of anyone without health insurance (including adults) doesn't sit well with me, whereas Obama will only garnish the wages of those who don't have health insurance for their children.

McCain is a fascist warmonger.

Obama, while inexperienced as he is, seems the best choice of the three simply because I know he's not going to go wage a random unnecessary war undeclared by congress. He has respect for the constitutional process, unlike the new faces of the Republican party.

I am voting for Obama because I live in Utah. There is a huge chance that Utah's electoral votes will go to McCain because Utah's a very strongly republican state. I'd rather not have my state contribute to McCain's rule, and every vote counts in Utah in trying to preventing McCain from getting in office. Most of my generation (18-28 ) that isn't going for -insert Republican- is voting for Obama, it's just a matter of bringing it up and talking with people, getting people to recognize the importance of voting.

I was actually very surprised at voter turnout for the primaries and Obama took our state strongly from Clinton. We can only get more votes when it comes time for the generals.

Regardless of who you like, JUST VOTE DAMNIT!! !!
VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!! !! I don't care for whom you vote just do it!! !!

Disclaimer: I voted for Ron Paul in the primary, and I'm sad to see him fail so utterly when he had so many donations and such a huge following. I blame it on the laziness and apathy of my generation. VOTE DAMN YOU!

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 6:01 am

NavySEAL83 wrote:
McCain. While I don't necessarily agree with all of his views, he is the best out of the remaining three.

Obama is inexperienced and naive, it is painfully starting to show.
Clinton....too many bad things to list about Clinton.

I see where you're going with this, but I can't help but wonder, do you want to be responsible for the invasion of Iran and a probable third world war? If not, you might want to reconsider your vote for McCain.

The only way these people get into office is by our votes. The only way to prevent them from getting into office is by voting for someone other than them. Where I do respect your decision, you reasons are your own, but when the time comes that we invade Iran, you will remember that you voted for the man that made that decision. And don't think it won't happen.

JohnnyCarcinogen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 10:30 am

Stephen Colbert 8)