Page 9 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 8:11 pm

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
I'm African-American with some American Indian ancestry.

same for me. Some Irish as well (my last name is McKinnis)

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 8:15 pm

Scottish
Irish
English (northern)

Vikings way back.

DrillbitTaylor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2008, 8:56 pm

...More or less " British Isles mix " , or a variant of what gets called " WASP " or " Anglo-Saxon " in America...
Wlsh (mother's) , British , came to there from France (father's) - However , the phrase " Scotch Irish " has been bruited about as well .

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jun 2008, 12:12 am

English
Irish
Scottish
German
Italian
French
Spanish
Mexican

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 6:11 am

I probably answered this already, but I am

irish
german

Let's face it though. We are probably ALL of mixed ancestry! Even the people that claim to hold fast to a religion, that DEMANDS they not be so, HAVE!

Psycho_jimmy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jun 2008, 6:33 am

MrMark wrote:
There does seem to be a higher prevalence among those descended from English and Northern European stock. We seem to be concentrated in England, Austrailia, and across North America.

If I'm not mistaken, Austrailia is where the British sent a lot of their "criminals" (social deviants).

Actually, to the British, "criminal" back then meant Irish. Why do you think Australians drink all the time, eh? It's not just because we have the best beer anywhere - really, try a Hahn, but it's because we're genetically predisposed to like it.

As for this topic... I believe that the mutation known as Aspergers originated in Europe around fifteen hundred years ago; and has been spread around the globe thanks to the various travels (conquering, pillaging, enslaving, warring, etc.) of Europeans over the years. Most predominant in Germanic peoples (Einstein, eh?). But, pretty much anybody with European heritage - and there are a lot of them around the world, even if they don't know it - is a potential Asperger.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 10:21 am

spudnik wrote:
actually I think red hair is a Celtic trait and may have come from the Irish women captured during Viking raids, you see alot of redheads in Iceland, Danes were darker haired, Swedes were blond
I am getting curious, I see there are a few people who have Native American blood in their ancestry, like me, are there any full blooded natives who are Aspies, or does anybody know of any?

you got it the wrong way round red hair and various skin conditions, is more prominent in Scandinavia/central Europe/Germany going way back, the red hair that people associate as native Irish comes from there. It might not make a great story, but it exposes the whole farce of nationalism ethic/supremacy. Like for instance there was no such thing as a single celtic people, they merely exported a culture that was shared by many ethnicities. Just like the common single origin of the Jewish 'race' has been proven to be false. Ethiopian Jews may be thought of coming from the dan tribe but they don't come from the same root as Hasidic Jews for instance. genetics is interesting, there isn't a human on the planet that isn't a mongrel.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 12:04 pm

I knew that the red haired Irish is of European origin, the native Irish were the Black Irish,
who are black haired and pale skinned, my own ancestors on my fathers side are Danish
and Icelanders, were some of my family gets their red hair, its sort of common knowledge
in Iceland that the red heads were of Irish origin. The red haired gene is very old, it is seen
in many different people or cultures, such as in Afghanistan with the aryan traits of olive
skinned, green eyed and red hair, there are also examples of red hair in a caucasian horse
culture people who lived in western China, the Tocharians, where the exhumed body of a
women with red hair. The celts did not originate in westren Europe, but did come from the
plains of central Europe and Asia, these peoples were very nomadic.

Here is an example of the Tocharian people

Quote:
Tocharian donors", possibly the "Knights with Long Swords" of Chinese accounts, depicted with light hair and light eye color and dressed in Sassanian style. 6th century AD fresco, Qizil, Tarim Basin. Graphical analysis reveals that the third donor from left is performing a Buddhist Vitarka Mudra gesture. These frescoes are associated with annotations in Tocharian and Sanskrit made by their painters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocharians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts