Teacher Excused from 'Intelligent Design'

Page 8 of 8 [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 3:09 pm

Jetson wrote:
It's much easier to burn heretics than debate them....

don't i know it, cackle, cackle, wart, wart. :roll:

but please - not [memes[! aaaargh!

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2005, 1:02 am

Jetson

This is one I believe, that we could have learned science even quicker, if we would have used even the Bible. Take the earth, the Bible shows and explains the earth is ((Hanging the earth upon nothing; ( Job 26:7)), ((the circle of the earth, (Isaiah 40:22)), now if people or scientists would have looked in this book they could have seen the earth as it truly is. They could have theorize this a lot earlier. Now I will move on for You.

Lets take String Theory, it has taken years before it has come in vogue. It can be explained in a math equation but it still can not truly be proved yet scientifically. Because science does not yet have the capability to truly prove it yet. But yet we do in science believe it.

There is a new theory a Theory of Everything that some are working on in the scientific community. If one day this can be proven then we might have to rethink Intelligent Design and accept it for what it is.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2005, 7:31 pm

kevv729 wrote:
((the circle of the earth, (Isaiah 40:22)), now if people or scientists would have looked in this book they could have seen the earth as it truly is.

Your statement can be proven false by a simple observation of history. Christianity used to teach and Christians used to believe that the Earth was flat. Scientists who said it was round were considered heretics and were executed. So when it came to the common belief that the Earth was flat, the scientists were not to blame, but religion was.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2005, 8:38 pm

Bec

The flat earth theory originally came from Plato. If Christianity would truly searched the Bible even they would seen the earth itself((the circle of the earth,(Isaiah 40:22)). Yes Christianity back the then has done more of a disservice in the past toward humanity. That is not what the point was all about.

The point is about this, that even that the Bible has science in it. Science could have used this knowledge that is in the Bible back then, maybe even science could have progressed farther than it has today. Humanity has taken a very hard road in getting KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING KNOWLEDGE. If science would have looked beyond the religiousness of the Bible who truly knows how far science would be.

I am not trying to put blame on Science. I do not but blame on anybody, Science or the Religions of the World.

lenny77
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: Hamburg, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, ???

01 Nov 2005, 4:11 am

kevv729

the domain of religion is religion! (spirituality, believing, praying and so on)
although there is a kind of science in the bible (or the quran or any other 'holy' script) doesnt mean its proven reality! (just as theories of scientists unless they are proven)
so please stop arguing that religion should teach children on the same level in school as modern sciences do, it makes me sick!

if you dont want to blame science, its your decision. i do it, because scientist often ignore the ethical consequences of their dicoveries, and are used by authoritarian governments, right now and in history.

and to me its absolutely clear, that religion is to blame for the misuse of believing by religious leaders and holding up dogmas for the sake of power!

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2005, 6:32 am

lenny77

I was just showing that the Bible shows many things, that even scientists (back then would have read it) then science maybe be further along today.

There is a new Theory of Everything that some are working on in the scientific community. If this is yet proven then we might have to rethink Intelligent Design. Because if Science can prove this Theory of Everything then it will prove the existence of God then.

Yes I know science has been used by some governments to further their causes. I also know that scientist may ignore ethical consequences of their discoveries. They have been doing for centuries I think. That is not truly their fault.