How many hours of sleep do you get per night?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

How many hours a night do you sleep?
10+ hours 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
9-10 hours 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
8-9 hours 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
7-8 hours 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
6-7 hours 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
5-6 hours 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
5 or less hours 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 60

tomadao
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2008, 7:55 am

Till some months ago I didn't sleep more than 5 hours, but now, somehow, I sleep always seven hours. I feel better this way.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 8:00 am

last night I only got about 4 hours of sleep because I was updating my computer and I needed 5 hour of solid internet time(we have dial-up so only one person can be on the internet at once) and I could only do that at around midnight(I went to sleep but had to get up to finish the downloading process), and after the I was awake all morning.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 8:41 am

If I'm lucky I get around 7 or 8...sometimes I'm running on 3 or 4...average is probably 6. I don't sleep well at all.

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2008, 8:54 am

8 hours since i sleep with sleeping pils

before i only slept for 4 hours

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 9:37 am

Kaleido wrote:
I have always needed a good sleep but its noisy where I am now, if its not the traffic, its the sirens and if its not that, its noisy neighbours and if none of that is too bad, its the family or the cat that wakes me, I hardly ever have continuous sleep.

It must be hurrable for you, I don't think I would handle things if I could not get enough sleep. A housemate said her loneliest time was at night, mine was in the daytime. I am so glad it wasn't both.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 9:43 am

8 to 9 hours.

I usually have a nap that lasts for 2 or so hours before I work (physical labor).

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:29 am

I normally sleep about 10 hours as i tend 2 have a deep sleep.

Semi_Lost_Serenity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2008, 10:56 am

I do my best sleeping 9-10 hours. Anything around 6-4 hours of sleep leaves me anxious and emotional (you want to see someone cry? just make sure I don't sleep!).

If "startled" awake, I would just start crying.

I've always felt horrible at it - even though it's something that's oddly uncontrollable.

Right now, if I wanted to get up at 5, I would have to go to bed between 8 and 9 PM.

Lately, I've been staying up until 2-2:30 AM and getting up at 11:00-Noon. That's a habit I need to break lol.

- Serenity

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 11:13 am

I usually get 7 hours. Sometimes I'll need less and only sleep 5 hours, and sometimes I'll sleep 10 hours, but usually it's 7 hours.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2008, 11:24 am

The poll asked:
How many hours do you sleep?
I usually get between 5-7 hours of sleep per night, which is crappy for me, and I'm always feeling tired and on-edge. I would LIKE to get 8-9 hours of sleep per night. I've found that I'll naturally awaken after 8 to 8.5 hours of sleep, as long as I haven't been sleep-deprived during the prior 2-3 days. When I'm able to get enough sleep, the whole world looks "sunnier" to me (for lack of a better expression). It's not like I see cartoon animals running around singing, but everything just seems more positive from the second I roll out of bed.

Grey_Kameleon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Apr 2008, 11:25 am

Is it possible that being autistic makes you need more sleep? If an average day is more stressful for an aspie, then it kind of follows.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:26 pm

It varies with me. Sometimes I need more than 12 hours of sleep and still be tired and other times I get 2 hours of sleep because of insomnia. So basically I get hypersomnia and insomnia at the same time!

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:44 pm

It depends. I've had insomnia for most of my life and it's only gotten worse the older I get. These days, I get maybe 5 hours of solid sleep, and my main problem isn't falling asleep, it's staying asleep. I'd wake up around 4:30am and can't get back to sleep. I cut back on coffee, and that helped some, but then I figured out that small sounds in the night, like water dripping somewhere in the house, or the cats running around would wake me. After I bought a set of earplugs and wore them to sleep in, I can manage a few solid hours of uninterrupted sleep but I still wake up at 4:30am (even if I go to bed at 1:00am). Don't know why.

When I'm depressed, I can sleep for 8-9 hours and all day long on the weekends, if my family would let me get away with it. Those times are fewer and far between, though. Sometimes I almost look forward to bouts of depression for all the extra sleep I get.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 5:49 pm

Normally I sleep for about 7 hours on weekdays and up to 9 hours on the weekend. I'm semi-nocturnal though; I can never drop off before 1 AM even if I go to bed much earlier than that.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2008, 7:20 pm

Grey_Kameleon wrote:
Is it possible that being autistic makes you need more sleep? If an average day is more stressful for an aspie, then it kind of follows.

That does make sense. My mom recently told me that when I was little I had "night terrors," and I remember lying awake for HOURS on end when I was younger, up until probably junior high. Every little sound I heard kept me awake, both because it distracted/disrupted me AND because when I was little I thought the noises were werewolves, carnivorous dinosaurs, zombies, vampires, things off Ghostbusters, etc.

It does stand to reason that more stress=more sleep, and aspie/autie=more stress, so aspie/autie=more sleep.

Also, Grey Kameleon, you have amazing eyes (if those are your eyes).

Grey_Kameleon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Apr 2008, 8:23 pm

They are my eyes.

[/threadjacking for the purpose of self-promotion]