Would you ever go 2 a prom?
Yes 45%  45%  [ 46 ]
No 55%  55%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 103

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 7:30 am

Not me! 'cuz they SUCK! (even though I never been 2 one) Even if teachers beg me 2 go!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 7:31 am

I went to mine, but my then-girlfriend stood me up. It turned out she was cheating on me the whole time, and that is the reason I don't date NTs.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 8:04 am

Our school had 3 proms (we call them 'formals')- one for each of the last three years of high school. The first time I went, the guy ditched me half way through for someone I thought was my friend, the second time, I went with a fellow who was gay (but very nice) and the third time I just went with a group of mates- that was the best one!

I'd go to them all again though, because if you don't, you're going to have to listen to everyone else going on about 'how wonderful' it was (even if it wasn't)

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 8:51 am

I went to both of mine. The first one was great - only about a quarter or less of the year turned up, and that was mostly people I'm sociable with, so it was like a big party. I asked a guy to go with me: he said yes, then changed his mind later (I found out on the day it was because he was gay).

The second one... wasn't so good. What I can remember of it was fun, but I got tipsy, forgot I wasn't meant to spend so long on the dance for and ended up having a seizure. I can remember perhaps an hour of it, and then little bits. It was still worth it though! Almost left my camera behind, but luckily one of the teachers picked it up so I got it back.

They do balls at the beginning and end of term here, but I don't think I'll go. If I do, it'll be the last one before I finish uni.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 9:07 am

My supposedly NT daughter is just avoiding her proms. This is a super good-looking, social girl (although there are aspects of her character that are decidedly Aspie, just like her brothers), and one would think she would love the idea of going to prom. But she hates the idea. Feels totally uncomfortable with the type of dancing that goes on at the proms, and other behaviors as well. She would go if she had a good crowd of friends to go with, and a good boy FRIEND to go with, but since she just broke up with her boyfriend, I don't think prom is in her immediate future.

Kris

AnthonyInRealLife
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2008, 11:15 am

I went to prom, I'm lucky enough to have a good base of friends and we had a fun group. The dancing was alright, but the poker table was the best part. But every prom is different, some seem to be put on better than others.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 11:32 am

I'm not going to mine, I'm sure. I don't know anyone who would go, so I'd just be alone the whole night. I can't dance, so I wouldn't have anything to do there. Finally, it's the night before the SATs and I need to rest.

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2008, 12:35 pm

I didn't go to mine. Didn't see any reason to. No one to go with and no one to hang out with while there. Would have just been a waste of money. Our prom was before graduation/ after exam week, so never even hear what happen, gossip-wise. I don't really regret it. Had more fun playing on my computer then i would have getting dressed up ( hate dress clothes) and standing around for a few hours.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 12:36 pm

Wen tot my senior and it was okay.

NeverMore8123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2008, 5:39 pm

I was lucky enough to take my dream date to prom. Prom went okay but the after prom party was disastrous, I got too overwhelmed as it was like a 18 hour ordeal, I blew it in the end and was a terrible date :roll:

"My boy that's all I make, which is why I'm such a lonely man."

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2008, 6:00 pm

I did not go to my senior prom at all. I made attempts to make plans to do it but I could not get any girl to go out with and the girls that I thought about asking out already had their boyfriends. Plus the prom was expensive and I would feel funny and uncomfortable going to it.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2008, 7:37 pm

Never went to the prom, it was expensive and I did not had a date nor a desire for one. Even though my mom would love to see me go.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 8:18 am

I think they're a waste of money, and I don't want to be stuck in a place for two to three hours listening to crappy rap and hip-hop.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 11:16 am

My school's prom is coming up soon. Since I only go to school twice a week, it's going to be hard for me to get information and everything about it. However, I do plan on asking someone later today (whom I know is single). And if I can't, I already have a few groups of friends that want me to go with them. I already have my dress and accessories and everything, so I'm good.

Oceanlover
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2008, 2:37 pm

I am going to my senior prom with my closest friend, I never really enjoy it becuase I am not into loud music and dancing. I like to stand around and talk to my best friend but she always wants to mingle. Guys- Doesnt happen for me.

Oceanlover
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2008, 2:41 pm

I am going to my senior prom with my closest friend, I never really enjoy it becuase I am not into loud music and dancing. I like to stand around and talk to my best friend but she always wants to mingle. Guys- Doesnt happen for me.