Would you ever go 2 a prom?
Yes 45%  45%  [ 46 ]
No 55%  55%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 103

Silver1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2008, 9:20 pm

I didn't go to mine, I wanted to, but it would have made me feel too nervous and uncomfortable. I can't handle big social events.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 10:03 pm

I remember posting here way back before my prom saying I wouldn't want to go. Truth is, I was dying to have an excuse to go. I would have loved it if someone asked me. I would have loved it even more if I could have gathered the strength to ask someone. But I felt awful throughout the school year - I wanted to curl up in a corner and die - so I never had the energy to approach anyone.

princess_1989
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Aug 2008, 5:06 pm

I didnt go to my senior prom- i bet you all know what happened to me.

I'm too stupid to go to a prom, so why even bother. No one ever wants me to go with them anyway.

I wish there were no such things as proms- simply because I missed mine for a stupid reason.

There you have it..... I dont want anyone else to have fun if i didnt, just so i wont feel alone in my misery!! ! :)

sigman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2008, 10:39 pm

darkstone100 wrote:
I think they're a waste of money, and I don't want to be stuck in a place for two to three hours listening to crappy rap and hip-hop.

I agree about the prom being a big waste of money as I never went to one in high school ever. I happen to be a big fan of Hip-Hop and Rap music, but yeah I agree that today's Hip-Hop and Rap music is not that great. Hip-Hop and Rap music in the 1990s I think was the best ever since they actually sing the song and not repeat themselves over and over unlike today's music of that genre LOL.

During my time in high school, I do honestly admit I was terrible socially. Often after classes, I always tried to walk out via the back sidewalks and very rarely went through the main hallways. I rarely chatted with my friends that never have time to hang out with me but hang out with everyone else or were to busy getting into trouble.

Back on topic here, I never ever went to a prom during my years in high school. Usually on the prom nights, I would stay home watch a DVD, or play PS2 like normal. During the senior prom, I was busy trading sportscards (mainly basketball cards) online and I ended up making like 7-8 card trades that night. I was also busy sorting my sportscards to since they were becoming a mess to deal with in my room. I decided to make prom night a productive one and I did without the need to spend a whole bunch of money and also shy away from people and that includes girls that would want to dance with me but already have boyfriends that were going with them and were often ones that get into a ton of trouble. I also did not want to deal with listening to country music blaring which is also was 50/50 with music wise at the high school I went to.

Shai-hulud
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2008, 12:46 am

I don't know what a prom would be like, but I think I will go to mine. But if they are anything like the middle school dances were, I think I'll pass. Middle school dances were for me nothing but a bunch of sweaty kids standing around in a stinky cafeteria with dank air, moist with other people's sweat and breath.

8O

Great memory those were. :(

Xercies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2008, 8:01 am

I didn't go to my secondary school leavers prom, one i don't like dancing at all, two I had no one to go with girlfreinds, and my friends didn't particularly want to go. Also i found it kind of pointless, I don't particularly like the music everyone listens to, and i would have just been there sitting i na corner looking all moody just drinking for three hours. I also didn't particularly like most people in my school so I think i would have just been a fish out of water. But the strange thing is when I was in junior school i used to love going to the disco nights and use to love dancing. I don't regret one bit missing the prom though.

camelonajourney
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2008, 8:19 pm

I and my best firend are going to ours this year. We're seniors. I'm guessing we'll be there about 5 minutes before going somewhere else we'll actually have fun at.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 9:24 am

I went to my "formal" back in 2001 and took my mum as my date :P . It was supposed to be a classy setting (3 course dinner, dancing, live music and a DJ) My night would have gone well if some girl DIDN'T COME IN THE SAME DRESS AS ME!! :evil:. It was one month after I turned 18 so I went clubbing with a few classmates when the formal finished, which made my night a bit better.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2008, 2:38 am

I went to my junior prom with a friend from outside of school. I didn't even bother with my senior prom. The girls in my school were preppy cheerleader wackos. I was better off going bowling that night, so I did.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 9:46 am

I didn't go to a single dance in school, and that included prom. I didn't understand what the big deal was and still don't. The way I looked at is why should I spend more time with people I can't stand than I have to? My chances of getting a date were nonexistant anyway considering the social structure of my high school and my being an outsider the day I walked in the door. I was the wrong faith, didn't go to their churches, and hadn't gone to their elementary schools, so I pretty much had 3 strikes against me the day I walked in the door. The fact I refused to go through a degrading, humiliating, hazing week during our freshman year was something everyone held against me my whole time there, so that was another strike against me. I honestly think I missed absolutely nothing by not going to prom or other dances.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 5:13 am

Fnord wrote:
I would have gone, if only one of the girls I had asked would have said 'Yes'.

No one wanted to be seen with "The Spaz", I guess...

Gotta love the cruel nicknames. Mine in itself wasn't so bad, everyone just called me by my last name, but it was in primary school where everybody else gets called by their first name, and they said it like it left a bad taste in their mouth. I hated my last name for years after that.

I did y11/12 over three years to cope with the stress, so I had two formals. The first one I couldn't get a date so I went alone. That actually turned out more fun than the second one, in which a random guy (who i didn't even know) asked me (only clearly because he wanted to be seen going with 'someone', and not because he wanted to go with 'me' particularly) and i said yes cause there was no way in hell i was getting any other offers.

He was rude about my family, saying that we were 'rich' and he 'didn't like rich people' pretty much in front of me and my parents, and he never once complimented my dress (which everyone else thought was amazing) or had anything nice to say about me, even when I complimented his suit.

tahloola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2008, 11:45 pm

yes!! !

bright shiny dress......
bright shiny blue dress....with glitter....and shiny stuff....soft flowing material swirling around me.....bathed in bright shiny.....gorgeous fabric......under soft lights.....turning their reality into mine!! !.... :twisted:

sensory overload.....buffered by ...........heh....heh.....

suffice it to say: buffered

music............echo....ing.......bodies crammed together.....energy - warm and free.............

clatter, chatter, swirling........dresses..........flowers.....ribbons........balloons....floating free to the ceiling......and bursting......with loud pop's.....

spinning......into oblivion......

embracing.......the sensations....of the beautiful NT............he***ll!! :)

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 2:36 am

No way! I'm homeschooled so I never had to worry about prom. If I was in public school or something I still would not go. No one would ask me, nor would I be the looser who takes her dad or brother. Even in elementary school I never wanted to go to the prom, the thought of having to get all dressy and formal made me cringe. And people supposedly have fun at thesr things. What is wrong with them. I NEVER had fun if forced to dress up. Plus the whole social aspect of it would not thrill me.