is being physically SLOW an aspie trait?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 3:34 pm

Yes, it's often pointed out to me that I move through the world at a very slow pace; I walk slow, I get in and out of the car slow and generally any basic movements that I perform every day. I can never keep up with anyone when we're walking, even if they are walking at an average pace.

I took Tae Kwon Do for a couple of years, and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, though my form was quite good, I was really clumsy in sparring, because I just couldn't move fast enough to evade opponents.

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

11 Apr 2012, 6:09 pm

Not at all. I have enough coordination to play sports. I also tend to walk really, really, fast. It often takes me about ten minutes to walk to school, which is about a mile away. I could probably jog there in about six minutes (provided my legs aren't screwed up like they are right now).

My main speed tends to be on the quicker side as well. I'm normally the first to finish a task at school or at home. At most it probably takes me about five minutes to do all my chores, and homework barely even exists at my school, so that's easily done.