Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 1:41 am

Wow, the barefoot thing seems like a pretty strong consensus. I definitely notice doing it barefoot or in socks. I'm not sure about when I'm wearing shoes. I haven't noticed so I guess not. This might sound weird but does anyone else feel like they might be doing it to be quiet and not cause a ruckus with heavy footfalls? It amazes me how heavy and noisy my house mates are when they walk past my room or slamming the front door downstairs when they come and go. Maybe I'm just stealthy-like. 8)

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 2:00 am

Dan_Undiagnosed wrote:
Wow, the barefoot thing seems like a pretty strong consensus. I definitely notice doing it barefoot or in socks. I'm not sure about when I'm wearing shoes. I haven't noticed so I guess not. This might sound weird but does anyone else feel like they might be doing it to be quiet and not cause a ruckus with heavy footfalls? It amazes me how heavy and noisy my house mates are when they walk past my room or slamming the front door downstairs when they come and go. Maybe I'm just stealthy-like. 8)

Definitely. This is another good reason. I like to walk lightly and not disturb people, and it's fun too... Feels like I'm hovering, if that doesn't sound too odd.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 3:44 am

Kinme wrote:
and it's fun too... Feels like I'm hovering, if that doesn't sound too odd.

Nope, I hear ya.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 4:09 am

Most of the time I tiptoe is when I am barefoot or in my socks when I have shoes on not so much but sometimes even then too.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 7:02 pm

Dan_Undiagnosed wrote:
Kinme wrote:
and it's fun too... Feels like I'm hovering, if that doesn't sound too odd.

Nope, I hear ya.

^^ *Hovers away*

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 8:15 pm

I don't walk on my tip-toes that much, but I do when I walk upstairs, and I catch myself doing it once in a while when I'm barefoot or only wearing socks.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 8:22 pm

toe-walking is pretty common for people on the spectrum. I remember doing it when I was little. I do it very rarely now. Except for when I walk on stairs. When I walk on stairs I find it very confusing and hard to put my whole foot down.

Moonpenny
Raven
Raven

01 Jun 2012, 3:51 pm

OddDuckNash99 wrote:
Question for others...How about being in toe-walk position while sitting down?

I can no longer walk very far at all, due to a non-autism related medical issue, but I carry on my former toe-walking habit whilst sitting down. I always either sit with my feet up on the toes, or – as others have mentioned – with only the outside of my foot touching the ground. I also walk much better in high heels (despite my disability) than I do in flat shoes. People find it very odd to see someone who they know really struggles with walking going around in 3" or 4"heels.

BTW, I bumped this thread because I've just searched the web on 'tiptoe walking' and it came up. Like OddDuck, I've been asked by a friend why I almost always sit with my feet in tiptoe position, and I decided this evening to Google it to find out if it's something that other people do. Might have known it's an Asperger thing!

volkerjaan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

I like walking barefoot, sometimes standing on the toes, I find muscle stimulation pleasant

Not thinking it's specifis, think for many women this is typical, they also often walk barefeet, and heels are stimulating same muscles

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 9:40 pm

Moonpenny wrote:
OddDuckNash99 wrote:
Question for others...How about being in toe-walk position while sitting down?

I can no longer walk very far at all, due to a non-autism related medical issue, but I carry on my former toe-walking habit whilst sitting down. I always either sit with my feet up on the toes, or – as others have mentioned – with only the outside of my foot touching the ground. I also walk much better in high heels (despite my disability) than I do in flat shoes. People find it very odd to see someone who they know really struggles with walking going around in 3" or 4"heels.

BTW, I bumped this thread because I've just searched the web on 'tiptoe walking' and it came up. Like OddDuck, I've been asked by a friend why I almost always sit with my feet in tiptoe position, and I decided this evening to Google it to find out if it's something that other people do. Might have known it's an Asperger thing!

I sit in a tip-toe position quite a bit, actually. 8O I also find that I take my feet out of my shoes a lot while sitting; I've been doing that since I was a kid.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 8:39 am

done this my whole life. my mom used to tell me that it would hurt me and tried to get me to walk heel toe......never took

qwan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2012, 11:17 am

volkerjaan wrote:
I like walking barefoot, sometimes standing on the toes, I find muscle stimulation pleasant

Not thinking it's specifis, think for many women this is typical, they also often walk barefeet, and heels are stimulating same muscles

I'm sure men and women walk barefoot the same amount of time generally.

ComposerGal1928
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2012, 11:05 pm

The only time I've ever walked on my tiptoes was during marching band, and we were told we had to do it whenever we march backwards. I still do the backwards marching occasionally, but not all the time.

MELODY-S
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2012, 11:36 pm

I walked on the balls of my feet when I was a kid. I remember going to physical therapy because people were concerned about my acheilles tendon shortening. That was in the days before Asperger's was a common diagnosis, but it is one of the things that convinced me that I am aspie.

Washi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 1:14 am

I toe walk, it's more exaggerated when I'm barefoot or in socks and if it's cold. I frequently toe walk in shoes too but will often have my heel only a half inch off the ground, no one can tell I'm doing it.

ServiceB4Self
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2012, 9:48 pm

My father, the military man that he is, always tried to get me to stop walking on my toes. "HEEL! TOE! HEEL! TOE!" I'd hear while walking... it was insanely frustrating.

Personally, I see no issue with walking on my toes. I'm quieter, quicker, and taller. 3 things that make me think that perhaps it's an evolutionary advance. *announcer voice* We are the next step in evolution!

haha