Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

22 Apr 2008, 3:23 pm

i myself have quite a few friends at school and online. tbh im not that close with anyone at school but they are people to pass the time and sometimes even nice to talk to, i think first inpressions are quite inportant. but thats not to say you've screwed it up by leaving it too late. one guy in my form i know in school is thought to have aspergers... or so i hear, could simply be a rumour, i myself have it and oddly find no common ground with him, as apose to most AS people who i do find common ground with. but alot of how i stay friends with these people is to really try not to act inapropriatly... i also try not to get too atached as when i gain confidence sometimes things go wrong XD. so i try to keep myself semi-detached as mutch as possible or if it makes it easier just try to not be as confident as i am feeling... hard to explain really, but i have a bad personal hygene record, im really ugly and god knows what else is wrong with me but... i still have quite a few friends. i find it really helps to just start with simple things like asking for help with work (especially when you need it, s**t scary at first but you get through that when they turn out to be nice around 5 mins later XD). i hope this helps...