Does anyone here hate going to sleep at night?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 9:38 pm

Me, around 1am most nights: "Well, I guess I should go to bed now..."

I've always been something of a night person. My mom remembers having to pull me away from my Lego bricks at night when I was little.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 9:56 pm

Me too! Especially when I was working downtown Calgary. When I got home I was extremely tired but I still needed me time. I didn't want to go to sleep and wake up and go right back to work. I need to be able to enjoy something by myself after a stressful day of work and when you go to bed, the next thing you know you're awake and it's time to start another grueling day of work. The problem with this though was I started getting way too tired during the day because of the hours that I worked and my commute. I had to go to bed early to get enough sleep. I find it extremely hard to keep a full-time job, I usually fall into a depressed state after awhile and I burn out. I'm not lazy, I just can't cope with the stress of a work day from 5 am-8 pm for 5 days a week. Sure, I was able to live in my own apartment and able to buy nice things but I just couldn't deal with it. My anxiety and stress kept building up and I had a breakdown and just didn't go to work one day. I didn't talk to anyone for 3 days. I didn't know anybody in Calgary except for my boyfriend, my family lived in Ontario. I guess my mum kept trying to call my cell phone and I didn't realize it was her and she eventually got the police to come and see what was up. They wanted to bring me to the hospital but I refused. I started getting into bad habits and my life took a turn. I eventually moved back to Ontario where I had my family.

Haha, sorry that kind of turned into a story but that's kind of what happens when I work full-time in the field I'm in. I've had a few jobs in the past where I reacted similar.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 1:51 am

I sometimes have this feeling I could only describe as a lack of fulfilment, like the day wasn't good enough so I'm not satisfied enough to sleep. It's not as bad as it used to be.

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2012, 2:07 am

Yes! I'm noctournal! How fitting it is that I'm called a "Snowy Owl" here! Hoot! Hoot! There's something about the night that makes your mind spin! I can sort out my thoughts better at night and I daydream (ok, well actually "night-dream") of having two roommates (kind of like in a college dorm) who we all lay in bed late at night and talk about whatever happens to be on our minds. And then at about 3am, we finally go to sleep.

I also think there are a lot of control issues with sleep. My parents love it when I sleep because they get a liscense to ignore me, they can talk behind my back, and they can do things that I don't like because of my OCD. When you're sleeping the world can continue it's ignorant ways...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

I love going to sleep at night. It's the only way I can escape from reality.