Does anyone here hate going to sleep at night?

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2008, 6:53 pm

I relate to this exactly. The thought of coming home and going straight to sleep is as about as appealing as turning around and having another day right after that. I want to be completely free to be myself, and I can't do that unless I'm in my room and the door is closed.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 1:20 am

gbollard's post reminded me about playing music on my ipod before I sleep.

I tried it for a little while and I think it did help.
I'd put on the ipod and loop one song that I could calm down or relax to and just lie there with my eyes closed.
Heck.. I'll do it tonight!

Thanks Gavin! :D

starlighter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2008, 8:09 am

Maybe not hating it, cause at then end also my body needs resting like all the other Nt's. But it is true that I can become overexcited before going to bed time, like my brain is overexcited like if I was having caffeine or something, but I'm not. Mostly it happens more to me now in young adulthood than before in childhood. And then is true that if you have an overexcited day on the day, then night feel so wondeful to enjoy, quiet, peace and a more pure air to breathe, ...

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2008, 8:15 am

I used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep, but I don't anymore. I still don't like having to sleep though. I'd much rather use the time for other things.

crimebabe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 8:18 am

i know i posted earlier but i thought i would post again

im finding it really hard to go to sleep.
i only got 1 hours rest before i had to get back to college

i cant keep doing this

anyone know where i can get really strong sleeping pills???

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 6:33 pm

i don't like having to sleep, it keeps me away from obsessions. this is why, if i don't have something to wake up early for, my sleep schedule gets gradually later and later until i'm going to bed after 4am (i wake up at that time during the rowing season). i also hate how long it takes me to get to sleep. unless i'm really tired or on some kind of drug that makes me sleepier, it takes me at least 30mins to get to sleep.

ccflowergirl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2008, 6:34 am

I WENT TO SLEEP LAST NITE AT 11 PM AND DIDN'T WAKE UP UNTILL 5 AM I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED I FEEL CHEETED SOME HOW,NOT RESTED, PHYSICAL RESTED MAYBE , BUT THAT MENTAL ALONE THINKING TIME , FANTACY COMPANION TIME, WAS GONE AND I'M SUPRIZED AT HOPE RIPED OFF I FEEL, IS THAT WEIRD OR WHAT?? TO ACTULY MISS INSOMNIA , I DON’T EVEN REMEMER TRYING TO GO TO SLEEP. WOW, I MUST BE OUT OF SEROTONIN .
cc

BethanyLilyJohnson
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2012, 8:15 pm

saaaaaaaaame! I'm so glad it's not just me, it's like i have an aversion to going to bed but don't want to be tired!

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 8:17 pm

I know EXACTLY how this is. So annoying too.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 8:27 pm

Absolutely relate to this. It's my space. Night is best because it's quiet and less sensory stimulation.

I've had relationship difficulties because of this. It's been a running issue of contention for many years in my present relationship. When we first started living together, she used to go to bed early. But then she started staying up really late. My spacetime got pushed out from the middle of the night, into the pre-dawn hours and beyond, which was extremely frustrating for me on a number of levels. It's still a somewhat unresolved issue, actually.

falonsayswoah
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2012, 8:29 pm

nomadic28 wrote:
I just can't do it! I need my alone time, away from kids, wife, work, etc. I told the psychologist I need my down time late at night to "obsess"; she didn't exactly follow.

ButchCoolidge wrote:
I don't have trouble falling asleep once I decide I want to go to sleep, but I have issues with actually putting myself to bed because once I am "in the zone" on the computer or playing a game or reading or whatever, I want to keep doing it.

These two posts describe me. People don't understand why I don't just go to sleep earlier because I'm tired during the day. I just can't do that. I can't get myself to just get in bed and go to sleep. I stay up until everyone goes to sleep, then I finally get my time to be alone and fully focus on my obsessions. And it's quiet. I don't have to talk to anyone. My favorite time of the day is the two or three hours of alone time I get late at night. I try to go to bed around midnight during school because I have to get up at 6:30am. When I don't have to get up or go anywhere, like during the summer, I don't go to bed until everyone else is waking up.

Diagnosis: Major Depressive Affective Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mild PTSD, Agoraphobia with Panic Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder of childhood with hyperactivity (more inattentive, though), Mild OCD, Social Phobia, Tourette's Syndrome

dank
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2012, 8:30 pm

I tried explaining to my wife my need to be alone at night before I go to bed. She didn't understand it, and I didn't understand that she didn't understand it.

It's irritating trying to go to sleep without having the time alone first.

Brittany2907 wrote:
I'd prefer it if I could stay awake at night and sleep during the day, but my mother objects to me doing that.

Hah. Me also. I used to do that through the school holidays. Used to do it through my uni days. Can't do it now though. I always wished for a place to exist which was full of people who slept during the day. It would feel so natrual for me to be there.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

The same goes for me as well. There are nights that I stay up until Midnight when I don't work the next day and I know I'm going to be exercising on my Wii when I wake up.

RaNg84
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2012, 9:21 pm

I take naps in the afternoon and on my day off. I do like to stay late and sometimes I just stay up thinking about stuff.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 9:34 pm

dank wrote:
I always wished for a place to exist which was full of people who slept during the day. It would feel so natrual for me to be there.

Oh that would be my Hell. They'd all be awake at night, invading my sacred hours.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 9:38 pm

Me, around 1am most nights: "Well, I guess I should go to bed now..."

I've always been something of a night person. My mom remembers having to pull me away from my Lego bricks at night when I was little.