Page 1 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Scottydont
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2008, 11:58 am

Who here can dance?

Who enjoys it?

Does anybody have any suggestions or references to help those of us who are dancing challenged?

I for one don't know wether I'm a good dancer or even have the potential to become one. I get so self concious that I never make it to the center of the dance floor. I'd like to change that, but don't really have a good idea of where to start. It sure would help out with dating. I killed a date just last week because I couldn't/wouldn't even try to dance.

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2008, 12:04 pm

Take dancing lessons.

That or ask girls. Oh how many times have I used the "I can't dance I'm white" excuse only to get a laugh and then follow up with "But, if you want to teach me, I'm totally down"

Bumpin and grindin dancing and flowing the girls teach and get doubly as hot for you...

Another idea is completely ridiculously act the fool... but this one rarely ever works think "Hitch".

My vote is for asking a girl how to dance.

Dance classes are great and a fantastic way to meet women.

-Zane

Daewoodrow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Apr 2008, 12:06 pm

If you have a mirror in your room, then go crazy in front of it. Put on your favorite music and dance however you feel like it, whilst watching yourself in the mirror. Do that every day, and eventually you'll start to improve. It worked for me, I can now dance convincingly. Not brilliantly, but I got compliments for it.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 1:04 pm

Scottydont wrote:
Who here can dance?

Who enjoys it?

Does anybody have any suggestions or references to help those of us who are dancing challenged?

I for one don't know wether I'm a good dancer or even have the potential to become one. I get so self concious that I never make it to the center of the dance floor. I'd like to change that, but don't really have a good idea of where to start. It sure would help out with dating. I killed a date just last week because I couldn't/wouldn't even try to dance.

I dont like to dance. Im not that good at it and so it makes me feel extremely self-conscious; so I dont really even bother.
For some odd reason women LuV to dance. Every friday and saturday night in the big city you can see scores of girls all dressed up to go dancing at clubs. I think a lot of guys dance so that they can meet women at bars and clubs.

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2008, 1:26 pm

I'm female. I don't like to dance because of the conditions set around dancing.
It took forever for me to learn the few proscribed steps I do know - I can jive a little because I've learned "step x" and "move y," but that's about it - but I would enjoy doing that if I could do it with someone I knew, but with our being alone! Where I could turn down the music, not worry about proximity to others, not worry about being watched, being clumsy and stumbling into someone or something, all of the things that make me hate the reality of dancing in public. It's not that I don't enjoy the motions I've pre-learned, because I do, though they were hard to learn.
As for free-dancing, however, I just can't. I have no sense of what to do with my body in rhythm, where to put my body parts, etc. etc., added to the original problems mentioned above. I can't do it, don't enjoy it, and never will.

cd1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2008, 1:30 pm

Daewoodrow wrote:
If you have a mirror in your room, then go crazy in front of it. Put on your favorite music and dance however you feel like it, whilst watching yourself in the mirror. Do that every day, and eventually you'll start to improve. It worked for me, I can now dance convincingly. Not brilliantly, but I got compliments for it.

Please assure us you did that with pants on. kthx.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 3:57 pm

cd1 wrote:
Daewoodrow wrote:

Please assure us you did that with pants on. kthx.

So Thats why girls dance in their underwear eh :lol:

Scottydont

16 Apr 2008, 4:32 pm

Blech...
I've got a reasonable body (I'm not fat or anything), but I couldn't picture myself dancing around in boxers or less. There's just something not right about that.

I've thought about dance lessons before, but the problem is that I'd rather do that with somebody than alone.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 4:48 pm

Not intereste in dancing. My parents think I'm crazy. They tried to hire a teacher to teach me salsa/merengue, but it all immediately disappeared. Nobody dances anyway except for grinding against each other nowadays...

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 5:15 pm

I love dancing. IT's pretty much the only way I can meet a girl without getting all butterflied up and all that. However, when it comes to talking to her after, I still get the cursed butterflies.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 5:15 pm

I excel in one style of dancing , it's called ....the Clown's dance.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 5:26 pm

I enjoy dancing, at least some types of it.

What kind of dancing are you trying to do? Without knowing that, there's not much to say... Find the beat is just about the only one that applies to just about all of them.

Grinding is distasteful. There are places that don't encourage that.

Three years!

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 5:31 pm

^Luv dancing and learned some faster forms of it since slow dancing freaks me out. It's also in the rythm of music. But I hate that Bumping and Grinding. Doesn't take much smarts to dry hump in public such as clubs. So if you ever decide, it's the easiest to catch onto.

Scottydont

16 Apr 2008, 5:56 pm

RainSong wrote:
What kind of dancing are you trying to do? Without knowing that, there's not much to say...

Really doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned. I just end up feeling as if I'm impersonating an epileptic siezure or something whenever I try to dance. Bump and grind isn't all that popular in the places I hang out, and I haven't seen anybody slow dancing since the last Jr high dance that I went to (won't even mention how long ago THAT was!). So I'd say just your typical formless baroom style dancing is were we should start. No waltz, merengue, swing (though I'd love to learn to swing), etc. Since I live in a relatively small town, there's not much call or place for any specific type of dancing.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 6:27 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
But I hate that Bumping and Grinding. Doesn't take much smarts to dry hump in public such as clubs. So if you ever decide, it's the easiest to catch onto.

Grinding is blegh. I won't be caught doing it. I might incorporate some elements into a salsa or a tango or even a techno-polka but I will not make my whole dance the grind.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 7:16 pm

Is the grind the one where the girl dances on the guy like he's a stripper pole? I started a thread about dancing a while back because I went to a club with a group and the girls in the group did this dance to me. I enjoyed it. :P I sucked at dancing though.