Freebased with Merriam Barry 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sold a Jesus-signed bible on EBay 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Sold a Jesus-signed bible on EBay 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 22

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 12:31 pm

Yeah, I just realized I forgot one major option - missed the whole thing at work. That's how it was for me at least...

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 1:42 pm

Hi :) Lol, I love those options. John would be the Taco Bell sauce one. My vote would usually be the same as yours - missed the whole thing at work. (8 hrs Sat/8 hrs Sun) We do some pretty fun stuff there too though. And finally, yard sale season is almost over. My residents want to go to them every Saturday and I hate yard sales! Lol, if that's the worst thing I have to do on my shift then I guess I really can't complain about my job.

This past weekend was really busy. Yesterday was Thanksgiving here. I worked Friday evening, then Saturday was that wedding I told you about. John was the sound guy (and I was his lovely assistant lol). Besides the sound part of it we were running the computers for PowerPoint slideshows etc too. Between the wedding ceremony and reception and all the unforseen technical problems before and in-between that had to be fixed, and set up and cleanup before and after, we were at the church from 11am to 9:30pm. Sunday was church in the morning, hanging out at a friend's house for lunch and part of the afternoon and a thanksgiving dinner with my family in the evening, and Monday I was at work during the day and then we had thanksgiving dinner with John's family.

So what did you do? Just work?

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 2:39 pm

Cleaned the house and went horseback riding.

-SpaceCase :)

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 2:58 pm

Fixed my dad's computer, minded the kids, slept... :|

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 9:46 pm

neongrl wrote:
Hi :) Lol, I love those options. John would be the Taco Bell sauce one.

Sounds like he has a lot in common with my dad - I remember when I was 16 or 17 and we'd go there, he's stuff his coat pockets with the sauce packets just to save money; a little embarassing to say the least and I'm kinda glad I haven't seen him do anything like that since.

neongrl wrote:
My residents want to go to them every Saturday and I hate yard sales! Lol, if that's the worst thing I have to do on my shift then I guess I really can't complain about my job.

Lol, touche.

neongrl wrote:
So what did you do? Just work?

Actually, started on another jungle track. Not finished yet though but still, it's at least somewhat in form - wouldn't be tough to email.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 9:47 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
Cleaned the house and went horseback riding.

-SpaceCase :)

Lol, I don't know, your eyes are lookin huge. Sure you weren't hanging with Merriam Barry? :wink:

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:06 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sounds like he has a lot in common with my dad - I remember when I was 16 or 17 and we'd go there, he's stuff his coat pockets with the sauce packets just to save money; a little embarassing to say the least and I'm kinda glad I haven't seen him do anything like that since.

Lol, he's not that bad. (It's amazing how many people actually do that though, especially with ketchup.) He just takes a couple extras to use at home because he likes the sauce. The main thing he uses it for is hot dogs. The funny thing is he gets them home and then forgets about them, so we have quite a few in the fridge right now.
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Actually, started on another jungle track. Not finished yet though but still, it's at least somewhat in form - wouldn't be tough to email.

Sure, email it if you want. I'd love to hear it. (Lol, now I'm getting this image of the regular mailman delivering it like a singing telegram... must be time to get some sleep.) You can send stuff like that through Yahoo too but we'd both have to be on at the same time for it to work.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:14 pm

But you didn't have the "worked at the St. Louis Scottish Highland Games, bought a Peregrin Falcon, and came down with a fever" option...

:( :( :(

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:20 pm

My life is boring.

Saturday, I worked out at the Rec Center, went to Taco Bell, did some homework, and browsed the Internet a lot. Sunday I went to the library to get some more research for my French Civilization I paper which had an outline due Monday, and went to Dairy Queen.

Obviously, when eating is the high point of my day, I've got an uninteresting life. This is what stresses me; I have no friends.

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2005, 9:35 am

Gig -spiderbate and the living end, role playing, eating, not sleeping, more role play

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 12:38 pm

Saturday:

Went to drawing class and came home to play AOE (Age of Empires) all night

Sunday:
Went to church for a spaghetti dinner and spent a lot of time afterwards to chat to my best (and possibly only) friend about aristolte (he brought a new set of his books). Came home and played AOE all night agian. . . . .*sighes*

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 2:25 pm

lay on the sofa being really ill and reading, when i wasn't coughing, snotting or trying to breathe or speak (and failing at both).

did sod all, in other words, apart from feel like shite.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 3:02 pm

I don't remember last weekend.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 4:00 pm

I did nothing but sit around and use the computer.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 5:17 pm

vetivert wrote:
lay on the sofa being really ill and reading, when i wasn't coughing, snotting or trying to breathe or speak (and failing at both).

did sod all, in other words, apart from feel like shite.

Hey, that's when you can at least have some fun with cough medecine and decongestant. Pseudoephedrine, dextromethorphan (especially dextromethorphan), good times :D

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2005, 5:42 pm

Worked friday night and during the day saturday. Then did nothing for the rest of the weekend.