Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 2:46 pm

I'm going to be volunteering at the local nursing home to complete my community service requirement for graduation.

Otherwise I'll be spending time with my brother, as he comes home from college on the weekends. He turned 21 this past Tuesday, so this could be interesting...

I'll also be mentally preparing myself for next weekend....which happens to be my senior prom....which I happen to have a date for....and I happen to have never done anything remotely like this in my entire life....

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2008, 3:07 pm

I'm going to eat pizza in 14 minutes or so. I'll cruise the internet till I get tired, or maybe go out and do something with my mom tonight. Tomorrow i'll sleep in and ride my scooter to st. paul to visit friends. Sunday i'll ride back in the morning and clean up my apartment and then take a nap.

I'm going to go against the majority and say I love that question because it allows me to bore my co-workers with small details of my life. :D

telrad
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Apr 2008, 4:49 pm

I am going to plant a garden with herbs, tomatoes, eggplants, and 25 varieties of peppers. I have been raising hot peppers for several years and giving away most of the crop.
My wife is away for the weekend for business, and I will be left completely alone with just the dog and my garden.

Life is good.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 5:01 pm

I'm not really doing a ton this weekend. The biggest event I have going on is going to my BFF's Sweet Sixteen tomorrow. My mom and I are also taking my car to the shop to get it fixed, we're getting groceries, and I'll most likely go shopping on Sunday.

Next weekend's going to be way busier though! We're having a two-day garage sale at my grandparents' house, I'm going to a spa, and I'm having my prom. :D

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 5:02 pm

I'm going to put off the inevitable revision for another weekend, but since that won't occupy me for the whole weekend, I'll probably be doing some gardening. Fun days lie ahead...

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 5:17 pm

I'm going be doing homework and spending my free time on here, as always. :)

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 6:13 pm

The usual - be harassed and cyberbullied by familiar faces. Be harassed in real life by familiar faces (you know who you are and what you're doing).

Other than that, not much.

Last edited by SilverProteus on 18 Apr 2008, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 6:21 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
I'm not really doing a ton this weekend. The biggest event I have going on is going to my BFF's Sweet Sixteen tomorrow. My mom and I are also taking my car to the shop to get it fixed, we're getting groceries, and I'll most likely go shopping on Sunday.

Next weekend's going to be way busier though! We're having a two-day garage sale at my grandparents' house, I'm going to a spa, and I'm having my prom. :D

:D

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 6:24 pm

I'm not doing much this weekend except get caught up on my reading for my chemistry class.

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

AlteredEgo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2008, 6:51 pm

spudnik wrote:
watching it snow, looks like we are getting 5 days of the stuff, there it a heavy snowfall warning

Heh. I live in Calgary too...

Normally I hate weekends, but this one I have all to myself for once.
Sadly this weather has stopped all my plans for walks in the park this weekend, and therefore all my plans.
Perhaps I will force myself to try and finish a painting I've been avoiding...

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 6:57 pm

I feel like a caged animal, I like to be on the road, haven't had any trips for 3 days, I think I might drive to Banff and go to the hot springs, its great when its snowing :)

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 11:08 pm

I love weekends.

In no particular order: I'll be talking with someone I care for (of course), sleeping (huzzah for sleeping), packing for Tennessee, napping, working, talking with the person I care for, sleeping, talking, napping, writing a critical study on Frankenstein and nature, going to the grocery store, napping.

I'll probably have to fit in homework somewhere though.

Three years!

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 11:16 pm

I get to sleep in and go to my brother's school. He has a club that he goes to on Saturdays and we get to go as a family (not every weekend though just sometimes) and we eat out in that area. That is it. Not much at all. Our weekdays are more active than weekends. Next weekend is big for me though. That is when I have Arts Walk in my area. There is a place that has my art on display and thousands of people go to this thing and that makes me happy.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 11:17 pm

Passover. and homework. but mostly Passover.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 11:48 pm

riverotter wrote:
I don't know why people always say stuff like "Thank God it's Friday!" or "Hey- it's almost the weekend!" Because weekends really stress me out.

But I have learned that on Fridays when people ask you what you are doing on the weekend, you are not supposed to list all of your planned activities and then walk away. You are supposed to say the most fun-sounding thing you plan on doing and then ask, "What about you?" I figured that out when I was about thirty years old.

Yea people usually ask that to kinda figure out what kinda person you are. Whether you like to go out and have fun alot or not.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 2:54 am

I guess saturday morning I'll go to the rodeo and sit in the audience and watch my kids carry flags in the opening ceremony and pretend I'm grateful to butch the feminist for letting us be so involved in each other's lives.

Maybe they'll see me and we can wave to each other. Might even get a chance to talk to them. Maybe.

After that I'll go to work, because I need the money and I ain't got nothing else to do.

Sunday, I'll go to work because I need the money and I ain't got nothing else to do.

Not sure how it came to this.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina