Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 6:55 am

I don't know why people always say stuff like "Thank God it's Friday!" or "Hey- it's almost the weekend!" Because weekends really stress me out.

But I have learned that on Fridays when people ask you what you are doing on the weekend, you are not supposed to list all of your planned activities and then walk away. You are supposed to say the most fun-sounding thing you plan on doing and then ask, "What about you?" I figured that out when I was about thirty years old.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 6:59 am

Taking my kids to my parents for their dad to pick them up for their access weekend and likely coming back out to my apt. do some spring cleaning and spend Saturday and Sunday till kids get to my parents after seeing their dad watching TV, grocery shopping, etc.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 7:21 am

Quiet recovery.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

KatieRose212
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2008, 7:26 am

Being bored in my shit-hole college!! !! !

:lol:

And even if I did want to go out, Im not allowed to.. all because they found ONE (count it, ONE) bacardi breezer in my room *seethes* ... i mean, is that a f***ing big deal? NOPE!! !

:x :x :x :x

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 7:32 am

Writing a paper on issues surrounding the repatriation of remains at artifacts covered under NAGPRA.

Writing the final paper for my anthropological theories course.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 7:42 am

Well I don't really know :lol: Going to watch the V8 supercars on TV and the AFL tomorrow. Hopefully my sister-in-law has her baby and lots of fun stuff.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 8:20 am

"Working" for the weekend topic

When I was a kid I liked Friday evenings and Saturdays. Sundays were boring, unless the Monday was a holiday or Easter/Christmas.
I hated school, so days off were a blessing.

Now I find weekends crowded and noisy. I prefer weekdays as they are not so rushed. I remember when I used to work on weekends and hated the hustle, especially in retail.

This weekend will be nice, due to higher than normal temps. I will be reading outside and visiting the library. :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 8:24 am

KatieRose212 wrote:
Being bored in my sh**-hole college!! !! !

:lol:

And even if I did want to go out, Im not allowed to.. all because they found ONE (count it, ONE) bacardi breezer in my room *seethes* ... i mean, is that a f***ing big deal? NOPE!! !

:x :x :x :x

Same here. I'm too lazy to drive 100 miles to Dallas-Ft. Worth to do anything.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

herakh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2008, 8:31 am

cramming my head with three books worth of information because come monday i have to sit for my finals, aah, the agony..

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 9:09 am

As per usual we're going to see a movie. That's pretty much the highlight of my weekend.

We'll also go out to eat and may go to a few places to walk around or do some shopping. My sister and nieces will come over for about an hour either Sat. or Sun. The rest of the time we'll be lounging around being lazy.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

merrymadscientist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 1:07 pm

I dont know. I wanted to go walking on sunday but the weather is predicted to be bad. I really dont like the idea of spending yet another weekend on my own with no friends or events apart from my regular planned things. When it rains I dont know what to do. But I dont have any friends I can call up and spend time with.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 1:21 pm

I would have to agree with you. Weekends really freak me out because they're a scheduled disruption at the end of every work week. Transitions are difficult for me.

I also hate being asked what I'm doing/did this weekend. Nothing you'd find exciting, I'm sure.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 2:26 pm

riverotter wrote:
I don't know why people always say stuff like "Thank God it's Friday!" or "Hey- it's almost the weekend!" Because weekends really stress me out.

But I have learned that on Fridays when people ask you what you are doing on the weekend, you are not supposed to list all of your planned activities and then walk away. You are supposed to say the most fun-sounding thing you plan on doing and then ask, "What about you?" I figured that out when I was about thirty years old.

HAHA! You sound like me. I recently figured a few of these out... like when people make small talk, they don't want to have big conversations, so you're meant to not actually discuss what you're discussing. And if people ask how you are, you're meant to say 'Fine, and you?', regardless of whether you're fine or not. People are so silly. ;)

Anyway, to answer the question, going out with some friends tonight and probably getting quite tipsy. Then tomorrow probably going into town and drinking coffee (hot chocolate in my case). And then possibly doing something else tomorrow night too. And then on Sunday probably having a quiet de-stress at home in front of a DVD whilst eating salad or gluten-free sponge, depending on what I make. In between, eating, sleeping, going online, writing more of my book... usual stuff. :)

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 2:30 pm

watching it snow, looks like we are getting 5 days of the stuff, there it a heavy snowfall warning

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 2:43 pm

I will learn, I have also some things to write for college.

Anyway, I'm going to prolongate my weekend a bit - I'm planning not to go to college on Monday (our German teacher will be absent on that day and after all, the world won't end if I don't honour with my presence also our conversation and history of English language courses, lol) and Tuesday, the day when I have my teacher practice is going to be free as well this time because the third graders are going to write their high school tests and as a result also their younger schoolmates don't have to go to school then. :D

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Apr 2008, 2:44 pm

I'm sewing. My current obsession is designing clothes for myself. So, I'm sewing. Going to the shrink. Going to my friend's birthday party. She's having a huge party, but we will only stay a bit and then I'll be done and ready to go home. We're going to the movie beforehand, so I should be fairly calm when we get there. It's going to be 80's so, I'll love it. My friend is a blast!

I hate when people tell me to have a good day. It seems like so much pressure. What if I only have a mildly pleasant day? Then the whole day is shot because it wasn't good. I just tell people to have a day. No pressure that way.