Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page:

oblekis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 65

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Does a full moon effect you in any way? I have noticed that my son has sleep issues when the moon is full. He also seems to be a little more agitated during the day. He has always had sleep issues and he now takes meds for it. If he didnt take the medicine, he has a really hard time falling asleep...could be 2 to 3 hrs to fall asleep. Also he wakes up at 2 am on the dot and is awake for 3 hours till he falls back asleep. Maybe he would get 5 to 6 hours a night. I know alot of people on the spectrum have sleep issues, but could the breakthrough be related to the moon? When the moon isnt full, he sleeps fine with the med he takes. But like clockwork....a full moon disrupts his sleep....even while medicated.

Just curious if any of you out there in blog-land notice when the moon is full....do you feel different, or cant sleep or function as well??



zghost
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 1474
Location: Southeast Texas

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:05 pm

I've never paid attention, but now I'm going to.
It makes sense.



2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 6931

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:33 pm

So your son is a LUNA tic, huh? Sorry, I couldn't resist. LUNA DOES mean MOON! It reflects light, radiation, changes gravity, and there are subsequent effects. So it IS logical that it can do all that. It IS far more prominent with a full moon. It is probably worse in europe, near the ocean, and in seismicly unstable areas.



pakled
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 7827

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:59 pm

our faults lie not in our stars, but in ourselves... (don't ya hate it when people get Shakespeare wrong?...;)



Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 729
Location: North Carolina, USA

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 pm

Nope, maybe your son is a warewolf!......nah just kiddin.



mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 1525
Location: Florida

Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:03 am

I haven't noticed a correlation between myself and the heavens. The only effect the full moon has on me is the "Wow, a full moon! :o " factor.

I do have a lot of trouble sleeping if I feel hot.


_________________
The world under heaven, after a long period of division, tends to unite; after a long period of union, tends to divide. This has been so since antiquity.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History


RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 pm
Posts: 4879
Location: Ohio

Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:30 am

I've never paid much attention to the cycles of the moon, so I couldn't say whether or not it affects me.

I do remember reading that the phase of the moon does affect some mental disorders; AS wasn't listed among them, but that doesn't mean it isn't impacted.


_________________
"Nothing worth having is easy."

Three years!


RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 339

Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:59 am

You should check whether the light from the moon gets in his room. Other than that, if what I'm thinking is correct, it could be vaguely hormonally related besides melatonin. I think that people have cycles that follow the moon, although I'm not sure (not just females, everyone has them).



oblekis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 65

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:22 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
So your son is a LUNA tic, huh? Sorry, I couldn't resist. LUNA DOES mean MOON! It reflects light, radiation, changes gravity, and there are subsequent effects. So it IS logical that it can do all that. It IS far more prominent with a full moon. It is probably worse in europe, near the ocean, and in seismicly unstable areas.


I chuckled at the LUNA-tic...because I have said it myself regarding this situation! No need to worry about joking around with me, I LOVE to laugh! I think it is how I deal with the daily pressures of life!

And we do live 10 miles from the ocean!



oblekis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 65

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:23 am

mikebw wrote:
I haven't noticed a correlation between myself and the heavens. The only effect the full moon has on me is the "Wow, a full moon! :o " factor.

I do have a lot of trouble sleeping if I feel hot.

He very well have been hot. I will keep that in mind.



oblekis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 65

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:26 am

RainKing wrote:
You should check whether the light from the moon gets in his room. Other than that, if what I'm thinking is correct, it could be vaguely hormonally related besides melatonin. I think that people have cycles that follow the moon, although I'm not sure (not just females, everyone has them).


About 4 to 5 months ago, I noticed that the moon-shine (not drinkable one!!) was very strong in his room if there were no clouds blocking it. I temporarily have put up thick dark blankets. Thanks for reminding me, I need to make light blocking curtians!



oblekis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 65

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:30 am

Thanks you all so much for responding. Last night it took him about 2 1/2 hours to fall asleep, and was up at 1:00 to 3:45...giggling loudly and squirming in his bed like he has ants in his pants. And it was a full moon. He only got 5 hours of sleep last night. (I got maybe 3 to 4.



SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 7405
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:02 am

Not that I know of..


_________________
"Lightning is but a flicker of light, punctuated on all sides by darkness." - Loki


GlassWall
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 37

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:03 pm

very much so. i don't keep track of it or anything. about a day or two beforehand i get a bit anxious and restless...well, more than usual for me...and my sex drive goes up. that part is fun :wink: but when it gets to the point of being distracting that's when i know the moon is full.

the only time i'm ever off is if i'm really sick but i figure that's because i'm usually doped up on cold meds.



oblekis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 65

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:21 pm

GlassWall wrote:
very much so. i don't keep track of it or anything. about a day or two beforehand i get a bit anxious and restless...well, more than usual for me...and my sex drive goes up. that part is fun :wink: but when it gets to the point of being distracting that's when i know the moon is full.

the only time i'm ever off is if i'm really sick but i figure that's because i'm usually doped up on cold meds.


Thanks Glasswall for your input. My son does seem more distracted and harder to reach beforehand, too. I am going to keep a Lunar diary for my son to see the pattern. I know from the past he cycles with the moon, I just want to document it. :)



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  


Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page:




You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to: