Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 9:05 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
AlteredEgo wrote:
I also find that Jolly Ranchers are a good sub for gum.

Unfortunately, I have geographic tongue, so anything too sugary/tart/acidic can only be eaten in moderation =/

Age1600 wrote:
Anyways heres some links you can go to, to find things to use to help you with that.

Ah, thanks =) This looks way better than putting keychains and paperclips in my mouth. I don't suppose I can find stuff like this in stores... :roll:

kip wrote:
My fingernails are so worn down cause they often become my choice.

I'm glad I never had that problem, though I do chew on the skin around my nails a lot...and usually end up with a hangnail or two :x

Detren wrote:
Had one of those pens explode in my mouth in history class once...

Ugh...yeah...ink isn't very tasty at all :x And ditto about possible chemicals in the plastic, that's probably what got me to stop chewing them.

Actually, I don't really chew anything anymore, so I guess I've improved in a way...just that need to put stuff in or around my mouth that's impossible to overcome :roll:

I just want to say, you can buy like fish tubing that goes inside of tanks at any local pet store, which works like those things on there. And theres a lot of stuff on ebay as well!

BattleCreekDavid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Apr 2008, 9:15 pm

Crunchy, red delicious apples can satisfy my cravings. Grape Nuts cereal is good, too. As long as I keep my nails clipped, I won't bite them. Once they grow a millimeter or so, I start nibbling.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 9:45 pm

i use a pacifier :oops: it sort of helps but its a little small for my mouth and im too afraid to order the adult size one online.

amaren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Apr 2008, 5:27 am

I prefer gnawing to chewing, and but I've worn down my teeth on one side (and it just isn't the same on the other side).. still it's hard to resist tough-edged menus at restaurants, tv remotes, my computer keyboard. anything with a solid plastic square edge. :D

dosh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2008, 8:05 am

As I had long hair (still do) I used to suck on it all the time. Have now trained myself out of it in order to appear more 'normal'.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 1:07 pm

Tails wrote:
I used to have a glass marble which I thought was a great idea, cause I could suck on it forever and it would never go away. But now I dread to think of what might have happened if I'd swallowed it or choked on it. Yikes.

Yikes is right! I'm scared just thinking about you doing that!