Cat Fanatics: Male Cats vs Female Cats

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 6:34 am

"Moggies" (tomcats) may appear to me to be even sweeter than she-cats. Moggies may be more nice in their appearance to me.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 3:00 pm

Mikomi wrote:
The cat I am considering is neutered, but so was my previous territory marker. Neutering just doesn't stop some of them.

Are you SURE he was actually spraying? I've seen many a neutered cat back-up to something, with lifted tail, and even jiggle their butts, but nothing actually comes-out. (I think a couple of others, here, have mentioned that their cats do it----like someone said: it's, I think, instinctual.)

I think there are advantages / disadvantages to BOTH. Males are cuddlers, in my experience, and might lie in your lap all day, if you'd let 'em----and some, often, are comically STUPID (LOL); females are extremely smart----but aloof, often, as someone else pointed-out----also, they can be EXTREMELY intuitive (but that's most cats, though, I think----males can be VERY sensitive to emotion, as well). It's fun to have one of EACH, because they complement each other so well (but, it's better to get them at the same time, and as babies).

I would give almost ANYTHING to have one of each of those Maine Coons----they're sooooo GORGEOUS!! !

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 12:23 am

I've had only female cats I've found them to be clean, I did look after a neighbour's male cat who did mess on the carpet I had to tell the neighbour next time I looked after him they said they got rid of the problem.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 12:35 am

I have one female and one male cat. The female cat is definitely cleaner whereas the male cat isn't quite 100% toilet trained (to put it mildly). He needs a lot of cleaning up after. I put his litter tray in the laundry and I have to mop the floor in there every few days. Plus he always has grubby paws and he leaves smudges and dirt all over my car when he climbs over it. I've also never had to bath a cat in my life until I got him.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 3:50 am

Tomcats may appear to be more "fat", "sweet" to me. She-cats may tend to be more "slimmy", not so "round-headed" as moggies. So I may thnk that moggies are generally cuter and sweeter than female cats.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 4:08 am

My male cat is very slender underneath all his tabby fur. There's definitely some oriental in him judging by the shape of his face.