Would you like to punish those who have humiliated you?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 8:32 pm

I don't want to punish them. I want them to know what a great person I am, I want them to understand the amount of suffering they caused me, and I want them to truly feel sorry for what they did to me. If possible, I'd like them to know that I could punish them if I wanted to, but I'm merciful and choose forgiveness.

sim
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 8:37 pm

I would like to hug them and kiss them and tell them that they are the best people in the world.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 9:30 pm

I wish that they would feel the pain that I felt, and then taunt me then...mind you, this is for only my father, who abused me really horrible.

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 10:01 pm

No. I believe in Karma.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 10:33 pm

I used to want to do that, but after a lot of therapy I realized that I shouldn't harbor those old grudges.

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 May 2008, 11:20 pm

Oh darn am I the only vengeful one here? I'd like to smack them in the head and humiliate them on national television.

brat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2008, 11:26 pm

no, i'm too easy going. some people say i'm so nice i let people walk over me

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 1:41 am

I believe in being karma. When the universe feels the need to smack someone down for being a jerk, it needs an instrument, and why not me? I worked for an abusive man for several years, and in order to deal with him I'd come up with creative ways to bleed him financially. I'd never steal from him, that would be breaking the rules. But, any way I could stab him in the wallet I'd use. My favorite were little things, like turning on the hot water all day on Sundays while he wasn't working. The bill wasn't broken down by days, so he could never figure out what was causing these huge water and electrical bills. A similar trick was to prop open the walk in freezer for extended periods, man you could see the meter spinning when that thing kicked on. My coworkers hated him too, so it was easy to get away with, and felt really good. There's nothing quite as satisfying as doing the job yourself. :twisted:

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 1:47 am

I would rather prove them wrong. I daydream what it would be like to suddenly have a bunch of friends,money, and social ability and just stunt on them. That would be the best revenge.

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2008, 2:37 am

What a coincidence, I was watching South Park last night and it was the "Scott Tenorman must die" episode :D

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 3:01 am

Shelby wrote:
Oh darn am I the only vengeful one here? I'd like to smack them in the head and humiliate them on national television.
another one who would like to kick some ass if there would be chance :twisted:

qgambit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2008, 3:05 am

life is too short for revenge... its just a waste of energy, and when u do it, you wind up hating yourself for doing it.

amaren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 May 2008, 3:07 am

Vengeance for me too - but just for that one special person who did a particularly good job of making me look like an idiot.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 3:53 am

I wouldn't.

But then it's really hard to get me to be vindictive about anything. If someone wrongs me in any way, I just want them to stop and if possible reverse the damage, I don't care about punishment.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2008, 6:53 am

Shelby wrote:

No you're not the only one. I'm razor sharp at punishing people. It's an obsessive behavior and poison to an Aspie. I have to think long and hard where protecting my interests ends and revenge begins. I spent over a year making the same person miserable that took advantage of me over $400. Overreacting to people not following the letter of the law is another one of my obsessive behaviors. My knowledge of OSHA regs, building codes, licensing laws, etc. is very strong. NTs are generally not meticulous and almost always leave a legal opening to be caused major distress. One of my points of progress is being able to see a car illegally in a handicapped spot without calling the cops.

I have a serious "Hatfields and McCoys" streak that I really need to be careful about.

I hope I'm not doing the equivalent to offering a drink to an alcoholic here, but you can embarrass someone pretty good at www.rottenneighbors.com if you're so inclined.

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

Last edited by tailfins1959 on 04 May 2008, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2008, 6:59 am

No, I don't want to punish them. I just want them to understand.