Page 6 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

IceKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2010, 4:48 pm

I'm short-sighted. I don't wear glasses, but I use a contact lens on my left eye.

EB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2010, 5:03 pm

I wear glasses. I can see things close up but far away things are blurry without my glasses. I've worn them since I was five. My lens are on the thick side and I have tried to wear contacts but they didn't work out (due to my prescription they had to be ridged expensive contacts and not the more common soft disposable kind like my siblings wear. My parents also wear glasses so I'm sure my poor eye sight is at least partly genetic if not wholly genetic).

samsa
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2010, 6:43 pm

I wear glasses as I'm short sighted.

Can't wear contact lenses, as I can't trust myself to take care of them.

daughter189
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2010, 7:50 pm

I am short sighted and have an astigmatism (sp). My eyes aren't that bad, but I do have to wear my glasses most of the time. The sides of them look like piano keys which I think is cool :D

Tried contact lenses once but don't think they are worth the hassel or money. Plus I felt naked without my specs.

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2010, 9:12 pm

I always wear my glasses. I cannot be without them for even a single day.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 10:56 pm

I have astigmatism and wear glasses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 11:10 am

Why do a lot of people on the spectrum wear glasses?

(I don't wear glasses though)

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 9:03 pm

i am far sited, i where these (only mine are black) except when i am driving.

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Dec 2010, 11:26 pm

I'm quite nearsighted. I got my first pair of glasses when I was 13, but didn't start wearing them full time until I was 19.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 11:30 pm

I got glasses, far sighted and a bit of short sighted. Let's just say if I took my glasses off the world would look really fuzzy and I can't see text at all.

chewingkebabs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2010, 2:14 pm

I'm very nearsighted with some astigmatism. Been wearing glasses since 1st grade. I tried contacts in high school and college, but I had the rigid kind, so they hurt. Plus, I never liked the sensation of putting something on my eye, so I went back to glasses.

Speaking of which, does anybody freak out at the "puff" test for glaucoma? That's when they shine a blue light very close to your eye and blow a puff of air to measure your eyeball pressure. The first time I experienced this, it took half a dozen tries before I calmed down.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 3:22 pm

cataspie wrote:
Who here wears glasses or had an eye operation in childhood and where you long or short sighted?.
Also respond if you have no eye sight problems.

I had "lazy eye".. I had an operation that equalized the tension in the eye muscles and enabled me to fuse images with no trouble. A few years ago my wife and I had cataracts removed from our eyes and artificial lenses implanted. Now I have 20-20 vision for distance viewing (no glasses required any more) and I wear 2.00 magnifiers for close reading.

ruveyn

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 10:07 pm

I am short sighted. Have been since teens and got glasses at 17. Myopic (short sighted), though peripheral vision has better focus than central vision. Wear octagonal glasses that cover central vision but leave peripheral unadjusted, and I find this best and that my myopia is slowly receding.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Dec 2010, 10:17 pm

I am near-sighted and have worn glasses since high school. I like wearing glasses.

animalfreak123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2011, 9:01 pm

I'm very near sighted,I get it from my Mom. I've been wearing glasses ever since I was 9 on upwards.I love my glasses.After awhile if I don't have them in.My eyes start getting burly and I can't see well.

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2011, 9:16 pm

I was very near sighted as a child and was given a pair of glasses to wear during the summer between 2nd and 3rd grade. The optometrist thought he was being cute when he gave me a toy gun holster to carry the glasses in. I was in summer school that summer for some reason and the other kids gave me a rough time about that holster telling me with great cynicism that I could not bring such things to school. From that point on I refused to wear those glasses at all. My sister got glasses at the same time and soon could not see without them while I did OK for many years, although having to do a lot of squinting along the way. Finally around age 37 my eyesight changed the other way and I could no longer see up close (old age syndrome). I began wearing drug store reading glasses and have needed them increasingly since that time (I am now age 60). Soon I need to get a more powerful pair.