Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 2:14 am

Happens in most sexually reproducing species. That's mainly why males are so concerned with dominance, defending the choicest territories, and absurd displays of superfluous resources, like the peacock's tail. It impresses the hell out of the peahens.

The technical term is "female choice."

No cause for despair, though, there's exceptions, like the anglerfish where the male is a tiny dependent parasite on the female's body, or those spiders where the female lures the male in, breeds with him, then kills him and eats him.

I don't study this stuff much anymore.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 4:38 am

Droopy wrote:
catspurr wrote:
It's in my understanding that males are way more picky about looks.

Yeah, mine too.

Well there needs to be physical attraction. But beyond that I don't think most males care to much.

rottenlittleboys
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2008, 8:22 am

catspurr wrote:

To place this in it's context...

How often have you seen a dirty, greasy, fat and slovenly man with his pants not covering his butt and no real job declare they would never date a 'fat chick'? :lol: It is funny really. They want perfection and women have been taught to meet those standards so they can hook a husband.

When women are allowed to work and live on their own, fewer will put up with this sort of double standard. But for reasons that elude me, these men do not seem to adapt to these expectations.

DWill
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2008, 11:47 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Let's face it, men want a hot and subserviant woman.

I personally like a girl to tell me what to do now and then. But I'll agree with you on the hot part. Subservience is not for me though.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 6:16 pm

rottenlittleboys wrote:
catspurr wrote:

To place this in it's context...

How often have you seen a dirty, greasy, fat and slovenly man with his pants not covering his butt and no real job declare they would never date a 'fat chick'? :lol: It is funny really. They want perfection and women have been taught to meet those standards so they can hook a husband.

Yes if you going to be superficial you better back it up yourself being just as attractive yourself. :lol:

Hook a husband, is that what it is about? :scratch:

Quote:
When women are allowed to work and live on their own, fewer will put up with this sort of double standard. But for reasons that elude me, these men do not seem to adapt to these expectations.

:roll: In western countries woman have equal rights as men, well these days they seem to have more rights. Nobody is stopping woman from working and living on their own.

Interesting you think you have been taught standards you must meet. So in return you expect males to meet those same sort of standards maybe??

I find it weird how woman are really into fashion, where men are not. Woman are way more sensitive about their looks than men.
Also when woman get older and lose their looks, they don't take it very well.

Maybe in the past because woman didn't have the same rights as men, to survive they needed to find a man and their own looks are more critical to attract males, also they want a man that is a good provider because in the past they couldn't provide for themselves as well.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 6:22 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
D1nk0 wrote:
For Women, boyfriend hunting is like going shopping. For Men, girlfriend hunting is like going fishing. :wink:

Men want to stick hooks in us?! 8O

:lol:

No not hooks.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 7:14 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Dating IS a woman's world even here in Lebanon and in all societies that apply the serial monogamy(dating) as a standard social mating process.

You,as an American or European man , is viewed as worthy open-minded handsome man by the women of t he poorer countries, so no doubt that you'll have much better chance in Latin America.

Hot women in Brazil or any poorer society were snapping to each other over you not because women there are different than the women in your country but because you are different than their men , you are seen different ,special,hotter,more educated,wealthier and more mysterious than most of their men...in other term ,you are an alpha male there while you might be considered just an ordinary man by American women simply because there are so many like you in US.

I am totally sure that most Latin men don't get that much attention from women as you were used to get from them.

They see you ....as you said a "a hot commodity" and would have this " Wow,this is the hot guy from America, I want talk to him" - attitude toward you.

I know that because this happens here too a lot.

You've proved the 'Dating is women's world' theory without even realizing.

As a Latin American, I can vouch for this being true. Of course latinas will go for a white American; it is delusional to think this really is representative of their attitudes towards men in general. First World citizenship = high social status, being white = high social status. For a non-white Latin American guy in Latin America it's actually a lot worse than for a Western man in the West.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 7:37 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
Woman how bad are they?
I've read a bit of the alpha male thing and about making yourself more attractive, socially, clothes, etc... Also read there is no such thing as love... I think it is all rather sad. If it is like that, what is the point.

That's how I feel. It's analogous to a story (Turkish, I think) about a guy who's a poor farmer and has been invited to dinner by his 'friend', he's just come from the fields and so as to not be late he shows up in his work clothes - the friend simply pretends he's not there. He goes home and gets changed, shows up again and he's received as if nothing had happened - then instead of eating the food he stuffs it into his pockets, when his friend protests he goes 'Well, I thought you'd invited my clothes for dinner.'
Change 'friendship' to 'relationships' and you know what I mean. If she's only going to date me if I wear designer clothes, then why not cut the BS and hire a prostitute with that money instead?
Both men and women are shallow and superficial. I mean, how many of the women that criticise men for being shallow would date a guy shorter than they or that their friends thought was a loser? And how many of the men that complain about women being vain gold diggers wouldn't cheat on their SO with any girl the media/their friends told them was hot?

MR_BOGAN wrote:
I think in dating you have to meet someones minimum standards, but for example I don't think most woman are going to choose a male that is more alpha than you or because they are more attractive than you. That is just really superficial and if a woman is like that, you are WAY better off without her.

But I could be wrong about this.

Woman live on another planet with them being obssessed and really sensitive about their looks. So if they judge themselves really harshly then they are probably going to judge males harshly...

Most of them will do it and yeah, you're better off alone. From what I've seen, what most women care most about in men are social skills and social status, looks are fairly unimportant except maybe height. So they're as shallow as men, just in a different way.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

viska
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 10:11 pm

Both sexes are superficial when it comes to people they don't know. Learn to f****n deal with it. It's all rooted in evolutionary psychology, read about it.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 10:19 pm

viska wrote:
Both sexes are superficial when it comes to people they don't know. Learn to f**** deal with it. It's all rooted in evolutionary psychology, read about it.

I agree with this.

And there is no reason to worry excessively about one's appearance - for every physical feature, body type, etc. there are people who find it extremely attractive.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 12:52 am

pbcoll wrote:

Most of them will do it and yeah, you're better off alone. From what I've seen, what most women care most about in men are social skills and social status, looks are fairly unimportant except maybe height. So they're as shallow as men, just in a different way.

Well I wouldn't say most woman are like that. Well not exactly sure these days. :scratch: I think you just have to be careful of who you want to end up with and make sure they like you for you as a person rather that any attributes you have. I wouldn't lose hope all together.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 12:55 am

viska wrote:
Both sexes are superficial when it comes to people they don't know. Learn to f**** deal with it. It's all rooted in evolutionary psychology, read about it.

Agreed, I'd guess there would be the same percentage in both sexes.