Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 10:35 pm

Mine:
I work part time at a restaurant washing zillions of dishes. i started in august and now i have 2 grand (not counting the 400 i have spent since then).
How to do good at work? well use this phrase i made up that helps me through life:
"SHUT UP AND DO YOUR WORK!! !" no really it does. just do it.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2008, 10:59 am

As a corollary, "don't ask for trouble". It took me 20 years to get there, but I'm only a few bucks short of a six figure income.

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 3:02 pm

my jobs rocks.... sort of.

i work for my uncle's wood restoration company. i pretty much spend my entire day alone doing work and getting paid really well (for a student). the only time i have to deal with people are the phone calls (don't like them), and if the people are home and decide to come out. i have to call all my clients the night before i go, this isn't very comfortable and i'm almost happy to get their answering machine, but it's not as bad anymore.

i'm also too busy to get myself into trouble. i row in the mornings, go to work, then row again in the evenings. i get my social commitment out of the way through that, so i don't feel like a complete loner haha.