26 May 2008, 5:40 pm

Why do you need demeaning terms at all?

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 5:45 pm

YowlingCat wrote:

Maybe we don't. I just think that IF people are going to use such offensive terms, they shouldn't be limited to one gender.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 6:25 pm

Cyberman wrote:
YowlingCat wrote:

Maybe we don't. I just think that IF people are going to use such offensive terms, they shouldn't be limited to one gender.

so, your point is that the demeaning term can stay, I mean. . I suppose your whole point is to demean someone that does not fulfil some terms of morality. It's the demeaning that is what people are into - as a warning to others. Like "if you don't think like US, we will say mean things about you until you DO cooperate. . .

and that is why it is ok to demean both genders, or did I miss something?

Merle

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 6:47 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
so, your point is that the demeaning term can stay, I mean. . I suppose your whole point is to demean someone that does not fulfil some terms of morality. It's the demeaning that is what people are into - as a warning to others. Like "if you don't think like US, we will say mean things about you until you DO cooperate. . .

Well, why not? You seem to think it's OK to demean people when you don't like what they say. Even if your approach is more "subtle" than name-calling, it amounts to the same thing.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 8:25 pm

Cyberman wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

Well, why not? You seem to think it's OK to demean people when you don't like what they say. Even if your approach is more "subtle" than name-calling, it amounts to the same thing.

I beg your pardon? How am I demeaning people? My 'approach' is asking a plain question in plain language. If you truly believed what you are proposing, you wouldn't have such a hard time swallowing it.

or am I missing something?

Merle

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 8:50 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
I have noticed there are a few types of American heterosexual women

Yay! Progress! Beats insisting there's only two, anyway. ;)

I don't fit any of your types, but then I'm not American either. :D

sands
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2008, 9:20 pm

I don't know about a strong woman, but I would think that a person with Aspergers would need a woman that could speak her mind and be able to relate to him. It seems that being able to communicate would be key to mutual satisfaction in a relationship.

What's normal anyway?

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 9:47 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
I have noticed there are a few types of American heterosexual women:
  • Geek/gamer girl
  • Fatty + emotionally unstable (maybe their obesity derives from emotional eating)
  • Progressive activist (some would say hippi)
  • High-strung achiever
  • Nurturer
  • Independent/determined
  • Demure
  • Christian/conservative
  • Materialist (not in the philosophical sense)
  • B*tch
  • $lut
Many of these are negative, but depending on the extent to which they manifest themselves and in what combination, they may not be so bad. More mature womem are likely to be of more types and able to switch types as needed. For example, a mature woman (not as in the euphemism meaning old lady) with strong nurturing instincts knows how not to be nurturing to people who are not nice to her and unlikely to reciprocate; she will not be nurturing in a way where she will later resent the people she nurtures because she isn't indiscriminate about it. Even a "s1ut" can be a good thing if she's mature about it. Think of the woman with a strong and insatiable sexuality but is still capable of a monogamous relationship; you'd probably find that desirable.

They are not all mutually exclusive. One can have a conservative christian gamergirl slut for instance, or a progressive achiever ubersub gamer girl superfreak (whom I would still like to meet in person...heh).

sands
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2008, 9:55 pm

I guess I would be placed in a couple of your categories. I think when a woman feels deeply about a man she wants to nuture him though. Not sure if that's a attractive trait or not, but I find it to be true.

What's normal anyway?