venuseagle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2008, 1:59 am

I am always in a constant state of fatigue exhuastion. Caused by:

1) lack of deep sleep
2) autoimmune hypothyroidism
3) autoimmune adrenal problems
4) stress - constantly experiencing that 'fight or flight' stress reaction that is really draining and might have contributed to my burnt out adrenals and burnt out thyroid
5) depression, everything is always so much more diffcult for me than it is for NT people and everything needs more analysing and takes longer
6) OCD

Venus

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

02 Jun 2008, 2:32 am

I get tired easily and sometimes after doing nothing all day except for sitting at home. However, to gain energy you need to move around somewhat so i'm not doing myself any favours. I often get muscle aches which I associate with me not doing enough exercise, not related to AS.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 9:50 am

I rarely have any physical energy-but intellectually, am aware that I don't eat nutritious foods so this is to be expected (fatigue as consequence of malnutrition). Am not willing/able to tolerate other foods nor "supplements" nor pills (big vitamin tablets) so I just accept this unfortunate situation.
Loathe exercise, despite knowing all the blah-blah-blah about how crucially important it is for proper/optimal functioning of a living creature.
Thus, it's hard to figure out how my additional anxieties (hypervigilance & worrying, having "hair-trigger" panic/adrenaline response to minor surprises) & sensory reactions factor into my weary state.

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull