Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Dilemma
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2008, 11:52 pm

I met my husband online, by chance. I was in NZ he was in the US and we met and married after 1.5yrs phn/cyber relationship.

We have been married 6 years this saturday, 2 kids, we have the happiest marriage ive ever seen. If we had met IRL i would have been too shy and awkward to really break the ice, and im not confident he would have noticed me.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 12:16 am

I met my bf online. i thought he was a girl until he introduced himself to me, but now I know that I was right :)

A few days later, I was back in town for a funeral and my sister dropped me off to go out to eat with him. She and her fiancee decided that we were dating then because of the way we were interacting. I kept protesting "I don't even know this guy, I just met him 3 days ago."

ValleyBridetoBe
Raven
Raven

13 Aug 2008, 11:36 pm

I am engaged now to a wonderful man, we met online!! !
We instantly "clicked" chatting online, we were talking on the phone the NEXT day, and the day after that we met in person because we lived close.

Bunni
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2008, 1:18 am

I met my ex husband online..we met face to face soon after, and everything went too fast from there. I left him after 3 years due to domestic violence.

I met my current husband online. We talked online for 3 years before we met face to face. When we finally did meet (8 years ago as of 2 weeks ago) we spent the entire weekend together, and every weekend after (we lived 60 miles apart) til we got married 3 years ago. We are still very happy together and we have never run out of things to talk about!

Take your time, learn all you can. Not everyone online is who or what they say they are, and time can make all the difference, whether online or not :)

That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger, and really pisses me off.

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 11:31 am

Well, my Ex I kinda met through the internet.

We had a mutual RL friend, and started talking while I was away at school in Cleveland and he was in Buffalo. After about 2 months talking we met in person when I came home for christmas break.

We didn't actually start dating until summer though.

I also met my current GF through an online dating site, but that started off as just talking since we had similar interests, we did coffee as friends, hung out for a couple of weeks on a just friends basis, and then last week we finally had the "We're dating" conversation.

ValleyBridetoBe
Raven
Raven

14 Aug 2008, 12:11 pm

Bunni wrote:
I met my ex husband online..we met face to face soon after, and everything went too fast from there. I left him after 3 years due to domestic violence.

I met my current husband online. We talked online for 3 years before we met face to face. When we finally did meet (8 years ago as of 2 weeks ago) we spent the entire weekend together, and every weekend after (we lived 60 miles apart) til we got married 3 years ago. We are still very happy together and we have never run out of things to talk about!

Take your time, learn all you can. Not everyone online is who or what they say they are, and time can make all the difference, whether online or not :)

Great advice!
Glad things worked out for you!

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2008, 4:26 pm

I met my boyfriend on here and my best friend on a forum for people who self-injure. :oops: