Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 3:46 pm

I took a free IQ test, and it said that I was smarter than 53 percent of the population. What does that translate into?

Just wondering!

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 3:53 pm

Most online tests are not reliable, much so with autism and aspeger, but if the results in your case are good it would mean a average score. (Quite average in fact)

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 4:00 pm

KissOfMarmaladeSky wrote:
I took a free IQ test, and it said that I was smarter than 53 percent of the population. What does that translate into?

"Before you die, there is something you should know about us, Lone Star.

I am your
father's
brother's
nephew's
cousin's
former roommate!"

"What does that make us?"

"Absolutely nothing."

The year is still young.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 7:13 pm

I don't think they're very reliable, but if you take all sorts of different ones and take the average that might be a bit closer to your actual score. Maybe deduct 5 points from the average as well just to be sure. :) Some day I'll take an official test to find out. My AS son who's very like me had two official tests scored at 139 and 138, and that's very close to my online tests average, so I think it's very likely my scores weren't too far off. Of course if you had other indicators showing your relative intelligence that would verify the scores better. Like if you always achieve very high grades in school with little efforts, can remember things after reading them once...etc.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Oct 2010, 7:59 pm

I took an online IQ test once and got 140. I took my time (over an hour). Then I discovered it was a timed test and I had gone way over. I wouldn't have gotten that score if I had to take it with the time limit.

Like many have already said here---they have a reputation for not being that accurate.

I was truly interested in learning my IQ, so I went to the school district I attended and got my IQ score from them in their files. It was 111.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2010, 10:07 pm

Not reliable

Academaniac
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2010, 6:12 am

I recieved 123 on the High Society IQ test. I was one short!

I made it to question 18 before time ran out.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 6:20 am

IQ score mean nothing when you do not know thei standard. I've heard that some tests di not go further than 160 while other can give you very high scores for example.

Online IQ tests can only tell you in which area you have difficulties but they do not follow any standard.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 6:27 am

IQ tests are very reliable because you can always easily find one if you so desire.