Particularly Overbearing Religious Friend

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kitty2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2008, 3:15 pm

Doh! It's quite simple to me when you are born you have a certain amount of years to live depending on genes, social circumstances, habits, what you do etc and at some moment you just die. End of story, if you are famous or not, if you had a mark/name in history, you are dead.
Personally I like to have some sort of eco composty or dust get stuffy on a bonfire, but that is just because of me, my lifestyle etc. I don't think I will change the world or put an example for anyone else being put in a compostary recycled coffin or have a bonfire and turned to dust.
I must say I am fascinated by 'swamp' bodies who are embalmed and preserved naturally. In the north of the Netherlands they put special drainage to prevent this preservation (what a shame!).
I think you don't fall asleep when you are dead, you are just dead. You are not going to be resurrected in my opinion (the world would be so overly crowded and busy and very stressful especially when you are aspie and don't like social stuff in the first place :wink: , joking here, kinda).
There is no kingdom to be resurrect into, unless you created it yourself or belive in it because of some sort religion. And if that is the case for you have a big party! Enjoy it fully, but make sure you have some time on your own too, otherwise it would be hell, aspies eh..... :wink:

kitty2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2008, 3:16 pm

Doh! It's quite simple to me when you are born you have a certain amount of years to live depending on genes, social circumstances, habits, what you do etc and at some moment you just die. End of story, if you are famous or not, if you had a mark/name in history, you are dead.
Personally I like to have some sort of eco composty or dust get stuffy on a bonfire, but that is just because of me, my lifestyle etc. I don't think I will change the world or put an example for anyone else being put in a compostary recycled coffin or have a bonfire and turned to dust.
I must say I am fascinated by 'swamp' bodies who are embalmed and preserved naturally. In the north of the Netherlands they put special drainage to prevent this preservation (what a shame!).
I think you don't fall asleep when you are dead, you are just dead. You are not going to be resurrected in my opinion (the world would be so overly crowded and busy and very stressful especially when you are aspie and don't like social stuff in the first place :wink: , joking here, kinda).
There is no kingdom to be resurrect into, unless you created it yourself or belive in it because of some sort religion. And if that is the case for you have a big party! Enjoy it fully, but make sure you have some time on your own too, otherwise it would be hell, aspies eh..... :wink:

kitty2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2008, 3:17 pm

sorry for the double reply my internet connection got all wonky.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 3:24 pm

You're Dutch? I have Dutch heritage. :) My mother's parents were Dutch immigrants here in Canada during the 1940's. My now-deceased grandfather Nicholas Lenior fought in the Resistantce against the Nazis. Canadian troops liberated Holland, did they not?

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 3:38 pm

There's an opinion that when a human dies, he passes all the conditions of the elements:
1) Earth - feeling tired and like paralysed;
2) Water - like spreading and turning into something like a medusa;
3) Fire - feeling warmness;
4) Wind - flying up freely.
While passing these conditions a body shouldn't be moved or touched for letting the spirit fly away free...
I read it in some book by Vasant Lad, as I remember.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2008, 6:45 pm

Taoism believes in a spiritual force that guides everything. The problem with Taoism is that this force sometimes tests you. I find this to be best suited to my beliefs, because I believe I am being tested day in and day out.

kitty2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2008, 2:34 am

Interesting reading about these different believes. If you have comfort in what you believe or if you are just convinced with it, that's cool. If you want to discuss or explain what you believe and/or are convinced of that's fine, but never try to force your believes on to others, especially a friend. If you want to keep a friendship and the believes are too far apart just agree to disagree.

Yep the Canadians freed the Netherlands. People tend to say the Americans did, but the Americans just gave the Canadians a hand if you ask me :wink:.