22 Jul 2008, 2:10 pm

Paraphrasing JK Simmons in Juno:

"I want to find this Michael Savage dude
and kick him in his wiener!"

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:13 pm

Its funny how the obvious crazies like Wiener Savage, get the most attention from people with certain political leanings, he's like these other A$$holes like Rush Limbaugh, Bill Orally, and the Coultergeist, people who agree with them are total morons.

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Paraphrasing JK Simmons in Juno:

"I want to find this Michael Savage dude
and kick him in his wiener!"

He might like getting his Wiener Savaged :lol:

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 2:49 pm

I guess WP doesn't shut down threads on the same topic?

He clearly isn't exactly informed on the issue. Like, at all.

However, a news report I heard today annoyed me, because it felt the need to state that it probably wasn't illegal.

I mean, "No s**t?"

monty
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 4:50 pm

spudnik wrote:
Its funny how the obvious crazies like Wiener Savage, get the most attention from people with certain political leanings, he's like these other A$$holes like Rush Limbaugh, Bill Orally, and the Coultergeist, people who agree with them are total morons.

Actually, independent of political affiliation, I think it is pretty normal to discuss autism related issues on an autism forum. I get irritated when clueless people use their horn to spout nonsense about medical conditions when they obviously know nothing about it ... Tom Cruise ranting about psychiatry is another example.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 10:18 pm

Fred2670 wrote:
sorry about the caps

ya you can just snap out of it
throw away all your meds.. i did
i jumped off the roof and now im
on pain killers instead. you are NT
if you want to be. there is a big
world out there. just dive in

:roll:

Please, tell us you're being sarcastic..........

steveos87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2008, 10:44 am

My goodness, the more I read this discussion group, the more people who post are liberals! Where's the conservative autistics here? I don't agree about his thoughts about autism and it might have been harsh though. The mainstream (a.k.a. liberal) media is sorta putting this out of proportion. I listen to talk radio religiously, and sometimes I listen to Savage (that is his on-air name, not Weiner) and he makes a few good points on some things, but I think he's nuts on others. And I do agree about his "liberalism is a mental disorder" thing too only to the far liberal viewpoints.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 5:34 pm

steveos87 wrote:
My goodness, the more I read this discussion group, the more people who post are liberals! Where's the conservative autistics here? I don't agree about his thoughts about autism and it might have been harsh though. The mainstream (a.k.a. liberal) media is sorta putting this out of proportion. I listen to talk radio religiously, and sometimes I listen to Savage (that is his on-air name, not Weiner) and he makes a few good points on some things, but I think he's nuts on others. And I do agree about his "liberalism is a mental disorder" thing too only to the far liberal viewpoints.

Since Autists constitute a minority group, it should come as no suprise to you that they tend Not to be conservative because most of us are smart enough to know whats in our best interests. Conservativism seeks to preserve the social order and maintain the status quo. Some of my ideas could be regarded as "conservative" but I am certainly NOT a social conservative because social conservativism STRONGLY favors the group over the individual. No group has ever accepted or supported me so thus I am a radical individualist.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 8:28 pm

steveos87 wrote:
My goodness, the more I read this discussion group, the more people who post are liberals! Where's the conservative autistics here?

They both left to start their own forum. 8)

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:20 am

monty wrote:
steveos87 wrote:
My goodness, the more I read this discussion group, the more people who post are liberals! Where's the conservative autistics here?

And what might that forum be?

www.AspieUncleToms.net? :lol:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:36 am

steveos87 wrote:
I listen to talk radio religiously

i'd advise against that. that garbage rots out your brain as fast as watching mtv or reality shows.

read a book instead. i'd recommend:

Last edited by skafather84 on 24 Jul 2008, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:48 am

twoshots wrote:
I guess WP doesn't shut down threads on the same topic?

He clearly isn't exactly informed on the issue. Like, at all.

However, a news report I heard today annoyed me, because it felt the need to state that it probably wasn't illegal.

I mean, "No sh**?"

we only shut down or combine threads of the same topic when people email the mods and tell us. Other wise we don't go looking for them.

Merle

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 7:53 am

steveos87 wrote:

Well, the issue is that conservatives are underrepresented on the internet in general. There have been some conservative autistics such as "iamnotaparakeet", "Ragtime", "jimservo", and currently "oscuria" tends to be somewhat conservative. There are more libertarians than conservatives though.

Haliphron wrote:
Since Autists constitute a minority group, it should come as no suprise to you that they tend Not to be conservative because most of us are smart enough to know whats in our best interests. Conservativism seeks to preserve the social order and maintain the status quo. Some of my ideas could be regarded as "conservative" but I am certainly NOT a social conservative because social conservativism STRONGLY favors the group over the individual. No group has ever accepted or supported me so thus I am a radical individualist.

Well, that depends on what we consider our own interests. The conservative support of the social order really does not regard autism very much at all, as we have no moral import, and technically can be members of the status quo(and I would not be surprised if some of us really just want to be members of the status quo, such as the conservative Christian aspies). I am curious what you consider radical individualism. Are you left-wing? Libertarian? Some variant of anarchist?

monty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 8:18 am

Haliphron wrote:
monty wrote:
steveos87 wrote:

And what might that forum be?

www.AspieUncleToms.net? :lol:

Can't tell you. As a member of the mainstream site, I am sworn to suppress such wayward ideologies.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 11:54 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Haliphron wrote:

Well, that depends on what we consider our own interests. The conservative support of the social order really does not regard autism very much at all, as we have no moral import, and technically can be members of the status quo(and I would not be surprised if some of us really just want to be members of the status quo, such as the conservative Christian aspies). I am curious what you consider radical individualism. Are you left-wing? Libertarian? Some variant of anarchist?

Conservative Christianity( religious conservativism) is essentially using religion to legitimize the status quo. There are black christian conservatives who are believe that being subservient to white establishment will get them into heaven. You see, christianity is all about being submissive, and I have no doubt there are plenty of submissive aspies out there willing to compromise their own interests for the "good of society" :roll: . The elite will sometimes make exceptions for certain individuals in an oppressed minority group to counter minority coalitons.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:27 pm

Conservatives tend to support the conventional or past views of society and are against questioning them. They also tend to have this macho chest thumping mentality that I detest. Conservatives are likely to give the “it’s all in your head” or “back in my day” line when it comes to disabilities.

My only beef with liberals is that they sometimes go too far in defending certain groups or individuals. I wash liberals weren’t so keen on defending religious extremism in the name of diversity when it comes to Islam.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 2:43 pm

Ok, this is a rare occassion that I post here, but here goes a rare post. IOW, you probably won't see me reply back after this.

Liberal/conservative is all divide and conquor. Conservatism is all about submission to the old status quo, and is biased against minorities. They are dead set in "the old ways", where they had the authority through numbers to suppress and oppress anyone they felt like so long as they were different than themselves.
Liberalism is the other extreme, the "new age", and is equally biased against majorities, in the name of combating ignorance against minorities. However, the entire philosophy steps on the toes of the majority. Is also wrapped in double standards and delusional thinking.

So yes, there are black conservatives, for instance, who believe that "being subservient to the white establishment will get them into heaven". This is taught to them because of the pressure of being a minority in society, black slaves were forced to learn the white man's religion when they initially arrived here a few hundred years ago.
On the other side, you have white liberals who are just as much uncle toms in the name of group think, buying all this PCness crap that seems to assume all the worlds problems are because of white people, white people and white people only are responsible for oppressing other, and nobody has ever oppressed whites. According to classic liberalism, your born guilty because of what you ancestors did hundreds of years ago, if your born white or male. This is now days pushed strong in public education. Forget that whites too had to live through slavery and racial oppression in the barbary slave trade, to arabic and asiatic peoples. And that all races have oppressed people, therefore it's not an exclusively white thing.
Conservatives will never get over their majority-ego status, so they'll continue to deny disabilities because they don't want disabled people rising up for equality. Just like they did not want blacks rising up against segregation. It's the same attitude behind ableism as was behind racism, the same type of stigma.... During the black/womens civil rights struggles, the idea was NEVER challenged that disability is a legitimate form of social inequality. And to this day, we're shown in tv and in hollywood through minstrel shows, as "carnie attractions", "pity parties", rain men, "forever children", etc. And society reinforces this programming. This is why aspies aren't allowed to advocate for ourselves, because we're seen by the "abled and NT" establishment as being "too dumb and child-like to advocate for ourselves". So while we're screaming mostly "we don't wanna be cured, we just wanna be accepted and understood", this is falling on def ears to the over-protective and ableist idiots who try to advocate for us, and don't think enough of us to listen to us.