Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 12:08 pm

Ha so you tricked them then, doing a bit of messing with there mind.

sim
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 12:11 pm

I wish I was that clever, it was more, "This seems interesting. Let's try it." "Okay."

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2008, 2:00 pm

I notice I'm talking to myself this last year or two. I'm fifty. I work alone, have a dog for company also at work with me.

However what does worry me is that my abilities are on the wane and mumbling to myself helps 'talk it thro'.

When out with the dog I can rabbit on a bit, more when I am anxious or have unresolved problems, even ranting. Thank goodness I walk in remote places.

Last edited by ablomov on 28 Jul 2008, 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 10:35 pm

These days people say "Asian" not so much "Oriental".

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 10:49 pm

I don't have actual conversations with myself, but I do think out loud a lot. People usually don't ask me who I'm talking to -- the conversation is usually more like this:

NT: "Did you say something?"
Me: "No, I'm just talking to myself."
NT: "Do you talk to yourself all the time?"
Me: "No, when I'm at home I talk to the cat." :lol:

I sometimes get strange looks if I start talking to myself on the bus or walking down the street.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Birdgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2008, 11:42 pm

I always have an internal dialogue going. I tend to view myself in the 3rd person to begin with, so yeah. I don't usually talk out loud though, just in my head.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 12:15 pm

I sometimes talk to people that don't exist. That often looks like I'm talking to myself. I'm paranoid schizophrenic you see, I get a lot of weird stares whatever I do. Actually the weird stares might be my paranoia, so I don't know if people stare at me weirdly or if I'm hallucinating it. *brain melt*

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 3:28 pm

prior to knowing about As... i have always felt like i talk TO myself and AT other people... i still would say that i talk at people :)

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 3:31 pm

I talk outloud alot. Most of the time it's to problem solve or do comparison shopping. If someone looks at me, I don't care. I will take a breif moment to acknowledge that I know the person is staring and then proceed to shop out loud by comparing prices and products.

d0ds0t
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2008, 3:35 pm

I often find my self repeating certain words or phrases or singing one specific line of a song over and over again, and sometimes I tend to vary the speed, sound and volume of the voice. I sometimes forget that I am not alone, and I could be repeating like "Would you open this for me?" And people around me will open lots of things for me.. Sometimes quite funny. Other times it just makes me want to punch someone..

Flipmode
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2008, 3:46 pm

I have talked to myself in foreign languages

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 4:07 pm

I sometimes talk to myself without noticing.

d0ds0t wrote:
I often find my self repeating certain words or phrases or singing one specific line of a song over and over again, and sometimes I tend to vary the speed, sound and volume of the voice. I sometimes forget that I am not alone, and I could be repeating like "Would you open this for me?" And people around me will open lots of things for me.. Sometimes quite funny. Other times it just makes me want to punch someone..

:lol: It sounds funny that people think to talking to them.

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jul 2008, 8:24 pm

d0ds0t wrote:

I like to repeat certain lines of certain songs too; one of my favorites is "This talk of freedom and human rights/ means bullying and private wars and chucking all the dust into our eyes..." from "Rock and a Hard Place."

you will jouney from boy to man

chtucker18
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2008, 8:31 pm

i talk to myself all the time.

DanPhantom24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jul 2008, 8:35 pm

I talk to myself and my mom says it's like there's 10 other people in there with me :lol: I don't talk in public though only when I'm alone.

~Phantom~

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 8:58 pm

I have a tendancy to talk to myself, animals, and inanimate objects...which I guess is also just more talking to myself....but it's not like i am hearing voices or anything.

I do get alot of "Huhs?" to which I always respond that I was just talking to myself...I have never really thought anything of it...