Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

survivor
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jul 2008, 11:25 am

I have observed mine body temerature is many times below normal by 1.5 to 2 degrees.I did thyroid test but the result was negative.is there any relation between being aspie and having subnormal temperature?

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 12:40 pm

"Normal" body temp is just an average, there's some natural variation. Mine is usually about 97, my sister's about 99. (Yes, farenheight.)
I think this has come up before, but don't remember the results.

xdragonxninjaxpowax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2008, 1:10 pm

Funny, cos I feel the heat more than other people and complain it's too hot often, and walk around with less clothes on in the winter than other people.
Then again my body temperature is 1 degrees higher than the normal body temperature when I've taken my temperature.
It's something I've always had (born with).

sim
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 1:13 pm

Well, it's not like sitting around all day reading helps.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 1:31 pm

What a weird but fascinating thing to ask

I love these random questions "I have a mole above my bellybutton. How many others of you do, too?" especially when the answers are "yeah, I do too"

My avg temp is about 97.1 degrees F
My thyroid function is normal too.
Also, I almost never get sick.

aspiemom1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2008, 8:58 pm

both my as son and my normal temps are 96.8-97 degrees year round since birth. lets just say there is never a hope of going home from school with a fever (99 for me is like 101 for a "normal' person). I have very rarely had a fever over 100, and my son has only had that twice.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2008, 9:05 pm

Mine has always been high. My family members always tell me I am warm.

MintLemonade
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2008, 5:31 am

I'm always cold.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 7:38 pm

My normal temperature is about a tenth of a degree below average. I also have a low white cell count. I am rarely sick, although the chances of catching a cold at work are great because someone always seems to have one. Frequent hand washing has kept me from getting really sick. I had a cold last week, but it was very mild and lasted just three days.

Jael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2008, 9:43 am

My body temperature is always a little high...99 or even 100 sometimes, for no apparent reason.

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2008, 11:21 am

My body temp does vary a point or two from normal. I feel the heat and cold much more then others. I have fibromyolgia so I'm quite lethargic during frontal changes and damp days.

Does anyone else have a LOW pain threshold? When I had my daughter 2 years ago all I can say is Thank the Lord for epidurals as I don't know how I would've survived.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 7:07 pm

My normal temp is on the low side around 97.0 degrees and normal is supposed to be 98.6. If I ran a temp of 98.6 I would think I was getting sick.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2008, 9:27 pm

My temp is anywhere from 1 degree lower than average or sometimes even 2 degrees. Though I think it has nothing to do with asperges I think it has to do with ancestry you know genetics.

elizabethhensley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2008, 6:09 pm

Low body temperature can be a sign of Wilson's thyroid syndrome which has to do with T3 not T4 which most thyroid tests don't test for. http://www.wilsonsthyroidsyndrome.com/

Also endocrinologists recently changed the thyroid test range from 0.5 to 5.0 0.3 to 3.0, That way they catch a whole lot more "mild" cases of it that can still cause symptoms though its "mild." But most doctors haven't gotten the word yet and still interpret the tests by the old ranges..

Here is a great site.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

After my "mild" hypothyroidism was caught and treated with Armour Thyroid which contains both t3 as well as t4 I have lost 74 pounds, and have a whole lot less depression. But I also had to have help for my adrenals too. Before I had treatment for my adrenals also, my heart rate was over 114 beats per minute. Now its a normal 84 beats per minute. Now I also have a whole lot more energy.

If you don't have any symptoms from having a low body temp, great, but if you don't feel well, and/or have a weight problem, that could be it.

philosopherBoi wrote:
My temp is anywhere from 1 degree lower than average or sometimes even 2 degrees. Though I think it has nothing to do with asperges I think it has to do with ancestry you know genetics.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 9:51 am

elizabethhensley wrote:
Low body temperature can be a sign of Wilson's thyroid syndrome which has to do with T3 not T4 which most thyroid tests don't test for. http://www.wilsonsthyroidsyndrome.com/

Also endocrinologists recently changed the thyroid test range from 0.5 to 5.0 0.3 to 3.0, That way they catch a whole lot more "mild" cases of it that can still cause symptoms though its "mild." But most doctors haven't gotten the word yet and still interpret the tests by the old ranges..

Here is a great site.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

After my "mild" hypothyroidism was caught and treated with Armour Thyroid which contains both t3 as well as t4 I have lost 74 pounds, and have a whole lot less depression. But I also had to have help for my adrenals too. Before I had treatment for my adrenals also, my heart rate was over 114 beats per minute. Now its a normal 84 beats per minute. Now I also have a whole lot more energy.

If you don't have any symptoms from having a low body temp, great, but if you don't feel well, and/or have a weight problem, that could be it.

philosopherBoi wrote:

No problems just my normal body temperature. Since the immune system responds to elevated body temperature I wonder if my lower than normal body temperature helps keep me from getting sick hmmm anyone got any theories or ideas?

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 3:50 pm

I'm always freezing, and always have been, no matter where I go. But if it gets tooo hot, like over 33 degrees C, I overheat and have panic attacks and NEED to get cold NOW. I can't really win.

My thyroid is probably a bit stuffed though, I doubt it's functioning normally. Strong family history of thyroid problems and a pregnancy scare a couple of years ago have likely seen to that.