Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 2:24 pm

My fake smile is really obvious, and I've alwyas had trouble with pictures unless I really am happy.

Anxiled
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Nov 2005, 6:41 pm

I also learned in psychology class about facial feedback. The theory is that facial expressions cause emotions. I even took part in a psychological experiment testing this. ALthough I lied on the followup questionnaire because I didn't want the experimenter to know how depressed I was.

Anxiled
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Nov 2005, 6:43 pm

I need to learn how to smile with my eyes. People with friends can do that, I assume. I think it is like squinting. I need to find a book on this subject. I did see in the aforementioned BBC documentary that bery briefly talked about the 'smiling' eyes of a genuine smile and how crucial a smile is for froming social bonds.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2005, 12:59 am

What about those of us who smile without showing our teeth? We never seem to get a mention...
Although I can smile the other way, naturally I smile with my lips closed. Like this (albeit usually without the wink) -> :wink: , not this -> :)

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2005, 1:17 am

Yeah I don't usually show my teeth unless I'm really laughing.
Most of my smiles are more like smirks.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2005, 1:56 pm

I smile with my lips closed unless I'm laughing, hyper or I'm chuckling. I don't know whether I can fake a smile or not - I probably can't. Oh well.

HarryofSheringham
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Nov 2005, 2:44 pm

My fake smile makes me look positively psychopathic so i tend to stick to my real one.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 3:40 pm

I've had to put on a (fake) smile almost everyday of my life.But when I really do smile people say that I look happier and prettier.

-SpaceCase :)