For those who have taken FRT, Figure Reasoning Test

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2008, 7:59 am

Yesterday I took an IQ test called FRT, administered by Mensa Sweden. The test had 45 questions and had a 20 minutes deadline. I could do 38 before the time was out, and I think I solved, if not very, almost every, of those 38 problems. So I figure my score is pretty close to 38 of 45.

My estimated IQ will be sent by mail within 6 weeks, so I thought I'd try estimate something on my own.

Have you ever done FRT, and if so, what raw score and what IQ score did you get? Thanks.

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2008, 5:22 pm

you have 114 times read a topic that clearly is intended for those who have done FRT, and yet not a single one of you can answer my question? come on, you can do better than this.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 5:56 pm

Many of us just read all the topics to see whether any of them are interesting. I've never taken that test.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

eyebguileu
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2008, 12:43 pm

All I can say is, I've taken that test, administered by American Mensa, and I completed 38 out of 45 as well, and I was accepted. I don't know how it works for you in Sweden, but here in the US, they won't tell you the score, they only tell you if you scored above the 98th percentile. I scored above the 98th percentile, so I think your in! Personally, I remember the test seemed very easy at first. I must have finished the first 10 questions in a couple minutes, but as I progressed the questions increased in difficulty. It was an interesting test, I wish I knew what my exact score was lol.

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2008, 1:02 pm

eyebguileu wrote:
All I can say is, I've taken that test, administered by American Mensa, and I completed 38 out of 45 as well, and I was accepted. I don't know how it works for you in Sweden, but here in the US, they won't tell you the score, they only tell you if you scored above the 98th percentile. I scored above the 98th percentile, so I think your in! Personally, I remember the test seemed very easy at first. I must have finished the first 10 questions in a couple minutes, but as I progressed the questions increased in difficulty. It was an interesting test, I wish I knew what my exact score was lol.

Wow, thanks! Exciting news! :D The guy from Mensa who administered the test i took told me that a handful of errors were allowed in order to get membership. So i think we're both on the borderline between accepted and non-accepted.

ankkarems
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2008, 10:44 am

Assuming that 6 weeks have may have not passed, but we are in the ''within'' period, what about the results regarding FRT? Any news?

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2008, 6:17 am

ankkarems wrote:
Assuming that 6 weeks have may have not passed, but we are in the ''within'' period, what about the results regarding FRT? Any news?

Sorry, I had planned posting here as soon as i knew my results, but I forgot. Anyway, I got the snail mail from Mensa a few weeks ago. It was a bit disappointing to see my score was "only" 125. I could retake the test (FRT-B) if i wanted to, but I'm not sure I really care, when each test costs 30€.

I'm confused by the fact that you, eyebguileu, was accepted. No offense... :?

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2008, 2:03 pm

I've never seen the point of joining Mensa though Ive been approached by them many times.. they don't appear to actually accomplish anything constructive.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

ankkarems
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Sep 2008, 2:28 am

What you are saying is that although you have qualified you have not joined, or that you have not even attempted to qualify?

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 5:04 am

olle wrote:
ankkarems wrote:

Sorry, I had planned posting here as soon as i knew my results, but I forgot. Anyway, I got the snail mail from Mensa a few weeks ago. It was a bit disappointing to see my score was "only" 125. I could retake the test (FRT-B) if i wanted to, but I'm not sure I really care, when each test costs 30€.

I'm confused by the fact that you, eyebguileu, was accepted. No offense... :?

Depending on what age 2 people are, they need more or less points than the other to achieve the same IQ.

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2008, 6:38 am

Fraya wrote:
I've never seen the point of joining Mensa though Ive been approached by them many times.. they don't appear to actually accomplish anything constructive.

I don't know. Mensa's primary goal is IIRC to arrange activities for members, solely for the purpose of fun. If you find Mensa boring, there would be no point in joining, indeed. They also sponsor some research about intelligence.

Sora wrote:
Depending on what age 2 people are, they need more or less points than the other to achieve the same IQ.

That's true. But still, eyebguileu scored several (IQ) points higher than me, and we both had 38/45 as raw score. Does that mean that he was a lot younger when he took the test than I am now?

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 8:02 am

olle wrote:
Sora wrote:

That's true. But still, eyebguileu scored several (IQ) points higher than me, and we both had 38/45 as raw score. Does that mean that he was a lot younger when he took the test than I am now?

I think that over the age of 20-25, if he were several years older than you, it would work too. I can't say for sure. I don't have the tables anymore on which raw scores of the Wechlser's of several ages translate into IQ scores.

Did they say you got 38/45 correct or did they just tell you your IQ score? Because another possibility is that you didn't get all 38 correct.

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2008, 3:50 pm

Sora wrote:
olle wrote:
Sora wrote:

I think that over the age of 20-25, if he were several years older than you, it would work too. I can't say for sure. I don't have the tables anymore on which raw scores of the Wechlser's of several ages translate into IQ scores.

Ok, interesting. Not surprising that 70 years olds score lower than 30 years olds, but I hadn't expected the "IQ peak" to happen as early as in the early twenties. At least not in Wechler's.

Quote:
Did they say you got 38/45 correct or did they just tell you your IQ score? Because another possibility is that you didn't get all 38 correct.

38/45 is the score written on my diploma, so I know for sure. :)

Legis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2008, 3:38 am

I did the test yesterday (Mensa Finland) and I could do all the questions from FRT, and had over 2 minutes to re-check. I quess that a couple of questions can go wrong for > 131 result... Max score from FRT can't be over 150, it wasn't that hard. Actually little too easy.

FRTs score is not dependent on person's age, previous test (Cattell or raven) was. So American Mensa has just lower prequisities than Mensa Sweden? I smell money.

How big is the annual fee or once-in-life-time -payment there in American Mensa?

e. i got hit from google btw, I don't have aspergers. :)

mumiland
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Sep 2008, 9:36 am

Legis wrote:
I did the test yesterday (Mensa Finland) and I could do all the questions from FRT, and had over 2 minutes to re-check. I quess that a couple of questions can go wrong for > 131 result... Max score from FRT can't be over 150, it wasn't that hard. Actually little too easy.

FRTs score is not dependent on person's age, previous test (Cattell or raven) was. So American Mensa has just lower prequisities than Mensa Sweden? I smell money.

How big is the annual fee or once-in-life-time -payment there in American Mensa?

You didn't tell us the minimum raw score required. I also hope that you share with us your results when you receive them. FRT ceiling is 135 [sd=15].

Last edited by mumiland on 16 Sep 2008, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Sep 2008, 10:51 am

mumiland wrote:
Legis wrote:

You didn't tell us the minimum raw score required. I also hope that you share with us your results when you receive them.

Raw score reguired for membership? It's 131, because test uses standard definion of 15; I don't know how many of the answers should be correct out of 45, but can quess... I asked around, and max IQ-score from "smaller" FRT (form A only) is only 135 (top 99 percentile)... FRT can be done in a "larger version" with both A and B form, then it takes about an hour (20min for form A and 40min for form B). Done that way it can measure higher IQ's, but I don't know how high.

So 38/45 score for membership (IQ of 131, top 2%) is absolutely a joke, there is no way that score like that could surpass an IQ of 125 (as said), when max score is as low as 135. Tests maximum measurable IQ should be much higher that 135, for that to be possible. This is my honest opinion.

I tell you as soon as i get the results, testers could only tell that results are ready in about a month. I'm pretty excited, there are so little room for error. When I left test room I was like "it was so easy", now i'm not so sure after I heard that max IQ is so low. I think that 3-4 error are max.