Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 12:28 pm

Tempy wrote:
I .. well.. >,< im just stupid and cant keep track of anything. even the stuff to keep track of stuff.

I have that problem, too. Not much point in keeping a daytimer if you just lose the daytimer. :lol:

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 12:32 pm

I use post it notes stuck in places where I can't miss them.

Last edited by corroonb on 15 Aug 2008, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 12:35 pm

Tempy wrote:
I .. well.. >,< im just stupid and cant keep track of anything. even the stuff to keep track of stuff.

A nice thing about being AS is we have a ritualistic nature. Certain things we simply cannot forget to do. For example, I can't brush my teeth without rinsing off the toothpaste. It's weird, I know, but I just can't do it. I'd rather have stinky breath.

So the best thing to do is to constantly FORCE yourself to do something. Write it on your hand. Eventually it will become part of your routine and you won't be able to forget.

In the example of the board, every time you walk by, force yourself to write something even if you have nothing to write.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 12:38 pm

corroonb wrote:
I use post it notes stuck in place where I can't miss them.

That's what I do.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 1:43 pm

Tempy wrote:
i got dx as psychosis-nos, the doc wont change it i cant afford to see a paid one (i go to goverment clinic)...

Now that's a 'Garbage Pail' diagnosis if I've ever heard of one. It seems as if the doctor that you went to is saying that there is indeed something wrong with you, but not only does it appear to be unclassifiable, but he's too either too pressed for time, or too lazy to do further research.

At the same time, I'm not sure if suicide is a real solution or not, however there are many times that I feel so completely overwhelmed by life that I wonder if I'd be better off removing myself from it.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 2:52 pm

Fogman wrote:
Tempy wrote:
i got dx as psychosis-nos, the doc wont change it i cant afford to see a paid one (i go to goverment clinic)...

Now that's a 'Garbage Pail' diagnosis if I've ever heard of one.

That reminds me of the dental clinic I went to. I was around 20 years old, living alone, poverty...
I paid $2 per visit, and got what I paid for. I'm still paying for their incompetence.

benjimanbreeg wrote:
I have a board in my room where i write everything down, appointments etc, that keeps me a little more relaxed.
Thanks. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I forgot.

I did something like it when my kids were babies. I could never remember when and how much I fed them, so I kept a little notebook. I was constantly writing down little things, with no attempt to organize it, except chronologically. Then I realized that I could use it for finding patterns, like naptime. At what time of day and for how long did the kid sleep, and how has it changed over the months? It worked for baby’s first words and all kinds of things.

(By the way, my son was six months old when he looked in the mirror and understood that he was looking at himself. I bet the shrinks would say that this is impossible, but I was sitting right next to him when “the light went on.” And I know that it’s true because it’s in my little notebook. Sorry, but I just have to brag.)

Come to think of it, I’ve been forgetting to eat a lot lately. If I had a little notebook, I would know how much, and whether this is an important factor. It’s 3:30 pm, and all I’ve had today is a bowl of cereal. I normally like that brand, but this bowl was boring and obligitory and felt like a waste of time. Oh, and I stole a little piece of cheese from my daughter, as a joke. That was fun.

I’m getting me a notebook. Or scrap paper, stapled together. Save a tree…

Anyway, maybe that would be useful for Tempy. Both to organize ahead of time, and to keep track of odd little feelings and stuff that might be important. You just have to find the right trick so it becomes a habit.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 3:18 pm

I can miss signs that one supposedly "can't miss".

I don't process things for written meaning unless I think about it, therefore signs, regardless of size, are near useless to me.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 6:06 pm

Tempy wrote:

well so am I, I have to still be reminded. I just thought even if it helps a little bit, then it makes a difference, its saved me from messing up a few times, its not fool proof, but every little helps

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 2:50 am

slowmutant wrote:
Tempy wrote:

I have that problem, too. Not much point in keeping a daytimer if you just lose the daytimer. :lol:

:lol:

I have the same problem.
Would an electronic organiser help?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Aug 2008, 3:20 am

i hope you are still feeling better today, tempy. i was actuallly thinking about you yesterday. i was eating something greasy with a plastic spoon, and i was thinking about that conversation we had about what foods taste best with plastic or metal or glass... and so i licked my spoon and thought about you.

hug.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2008, 4:09 am

i_Am_andaJoy wrote:
i hope you are still feeling better today, tempy. i was actuallly thinking about you yesterday. i was eating something greasy with a plastic spoon, and i was thinking about that conversation we had about what foods taste best with plastic or metal or glass... and so i licked my spoon and thought about you.

hug.

thank you for thinking about me. funny because i prefer plastic utensils to metal ones. I always save the ones we get from take out and wash them and thats what i use as silver ware around here.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2008, 4:15 am

i did get into an argument with my gf today over teh suicide thing, it was heated but short, and we ended up asleep. she was hurt because "the one person she cared about most in the world was having suicidal thoughts and did not tell her first" not a direct quote its not exactly what she said at all i just forgot what it was.

Tempy
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2008, 7:27 am

Kirska wrote:
Tempy wrote:

A nice thing about being AS is we have a ritualistic nature. Certain things we simply cannot forget to do. For example, I can't brush my teeth without rinsing off the toothpaste. It's weird, I know, but I just can't do it. I'd rather have stinky breath.

So the best thing to do is to constantly FORCE yourself to do something. Write it on your hand. Eventually it will become part of your routine and you won't be able to forget.

In the example of the board, every time you walk by, force yourself to write something even if you have nothing to write.

I will have to try that forcing myself bit