Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alpinedon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2008, 4:21 pm

After a fourteen year hiatus from having them, i had my first night terror in a long time yesterday morning. So I am just curious how many other Aspies also suffer from adult night terrors?

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 4:57 pm

I don't think I've ever had a night terror.

I do have frequent nightmares of being chased by someone or something. I heard that's a result of real-life anxiety though. It's funny though, every dream I have that I am chased, I can also fly. Apparently that means that I have a lot of determination. So I guess overall the good and bad weigh themselves out :P

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 5:38 pm

Get them all the time mostly of zombie's can some one tell me what those dreams mean

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 5:54 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
Get them all the time mostly of zombie's can some one tell me what those dreams mean
try find shotgun that should make em out because they are really slow lol or then just out run em and find stairs they cant climb lol

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 5:57 pm

My 3 year old Autie has night terrors. I never have but I wonder if it has anything to do with Autism.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 6:06 pm

No dreams are always warnings or to overcome a depresion just things in that directory there is also no such drugs to make it stop cause medicens(drugs) can make you go sleepwalking
btw the zombies ive been with where always in crowds of thousends and they all by some reason see me -_-

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 6:13 pm

I had frequent night terrors in my preteens and teens but haven't had very many as an adult -- maybe one every few years or so.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 6:28 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:

For me it means lots of fun ^_^ zombie + machine gun = lots of fun for me and even if I don't have a gun its really fun so really their is no like one meaning that fits everyone. Remember in the dream you are everything you control everything so the zombies are part of you playing a game in your mind ^_^ if you ever get a chance where you realize your asleep take control of the dream it is so much fun.

Now to answer the original question no I don't get nightmares very often had one the other night but it had been years since I had had one like 12 years maybe.

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Aug 2008, 6:40 pm

I get night terrors frequently. Sometimes it'll be months between, other times it's just a few weeks. I also get false awakening and sleep paralysis with them.

nomad21
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2008, 6:51 pm

I used to when I was younger. I haven't had one in years.

Draws
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2008, 7:23 pm

I have only had 2 bad dreams in my entire life, they were both the same dream and happened when I was young around 5-6. It consisted of a giant bee going through the apartment I lived in at the time and stinging my family members which caused them to sort of shrival up like a prune as if all the fluid was drained from them and then they died.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 7:26 pm

I had wicked night terrors as a child. As an adult, I rarely ever remember my dreams, but when I do they are usually pretty bad.

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

12 Aug 2008, 7:33 pm

I've always had them, but now it's more likely to happen if I'm depressed or something is bothering me.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 7:38 pm

I have panic attacks everytime someone touches me while I am sleeping, it has happened at night and just before sunrise, I assume it could happen in the day as well, but it never has. It hasn't happened for a while because I avoid and make sure no one touches me while I am sleeping.

I am not sure if this really fits with night terrors or something else.

Last edited by greenblue on 12 Aug 2008, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 7:41 pm

I had them in college. It was because I wasn't getting enough sleep at night, so when I finally did fall asleep, it was like a shock to my body. Once I started sleeping normally again, they went away.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 9:19 pm

Not me- I had night terrors when I was five, but not since to my knowledge. Apparently I used to try to climb the walls.

My wonderfully sensitive aunt said to my mom, "*My* children never did this."