Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 12:31 am

I constantly and silently talk to myself. I do this so that it is not in any way observable. I do this so as not to feel lonely.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 4:07 am

I have conversaitions with myself when I'm working at a problems from more then one angle. But its not a second person, or another me,

Ivanov_Kuznetsov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2008, 11:55 am

It happens most often when I am alone. There seem to be two forms. When frustrated or angry about something, I'll curse quite uncontrollably with a seemingly random stew of profanity with varying syntax. Sometimes I sort of sing the profanity when I'm alone, not sure why. I'm too anxious around most other people to really let it fly, though.

Alone, especially in the shower, I find myself often having conversations with myself in other languages and pretending that different people are speaking in different languages and communicating. I'm sure it would probably be interesting if I was to record it and put it up on youtube...

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2008, 11:15 pm

I believe I read somewhere that it is a trait. When people talk to themselves they are usually doing mental problem solving out loud.

Geez yes I talk to myself alot, but try to be aware of it in public. Just bothers me I may blurt out something I want to keep to myself and not anounce to those around me.