Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 6:26 pm

Yes, I did it quite often. Even in public!

Aquamarine_Kitty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2008, 6:43 pm

I talk to myself more often now than I did when I was a kid. Back then I did a lot less talking in general...

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 9:15 am

Aquamarine_Kitty wrote:
I talk to myself more often now than I did when I was a kid. Back then I did a lot less talking in general...

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 9:28 am

I talk to myself. Just like everybody else. But not verbally.

There is no such thing as one who does not.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Aug 2008, 4:44 pm

I do this when I need to slow down and really concentrate on things. I also talk myself through all kinds of things. Not so much having conversations with myself, but definitely guiding myself through things.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2008, 5:13 pm

I do, but don't think it's strange, just natural. My mother used to talk her way into doing things, and I've picked it up as well. Encouraging myself, and talking out the steps of a problem is what we do. I think it's a natural "vent" that our brains have. I'm sure everyone does this to a degree, verbally, or not.

I don't do the "crazy" type, where I think I'm actually talking to people. Don't mean to offend by that. I've been asleep and woken up, to start a conversation I've never remembered. Has happened multiple times, and I'm a little bit scared as I do this when I worry a lot, especially if I've got a secret. Would be a real awkward if I let some stuff out of my mouth, I'm almost possitive I've done this... :hmph:

[edit]Exactly Livebird!

Johnson68
Raven
Raven

15 Aug 2008, 12:08 am

The day I answer myself, I think I could be in trouble. :P

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2008, 11:40 am

I never had conversations with myself or anything like that, but sometimes I did/do. My father does that too, so maybe I picked it up from him.

BallisticMystic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2008, 12:14 pm

I don't talk to myself out loud or anything, but I have constant internal dialogue with myself and others.

To be honest I think we're talking to ourselves no matter who we're talking to, we just see it in different ways.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 12:45 pm

I sometimes talk to myself but I try to get rid of this habit, mostly because my mother mocked me when she heard me then. So now I prefer to be careful about this.

Once I read 99 out of 100 people talk to themselves.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2008, 6:38 pm

Yes I did this as a child and I do this as an adult.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 1:12 am

i do it, sometimes in public even

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2008, 9:26 am

Out loud, not that much. I do however have extensive dialogs in my head with fake people (I know the people aren't real, it just gives me someone to talk to). It's like Ballistic described.

Don't know it it's related or not, but as a baby I wouldn't cry when put down for a nap. Instead would babble myself to sleep.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 9:47 am

i do not talk to myself because i already know what i am going to say.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 11:04 am

I only talk to myself when no-one is listening. I try not to do it a lot. But I do sometimes do it when I'm working on one of my cars. When something isn't getting anywhere. "Why don't you f*****g ...[s**t :o 8O] " by the time I've finished it's off

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 11:40 am

I talk to myself all the time but never, or hardly ever in public. That would look weird and then people assume you have schizophrenia because they think you are talking to imaginary people or voices. I think out loud is what I do. I don't hear voices that much (its very rare) and I certainly don't talk to them if I do get voices. Even when I was young and I had a breakdown when I was 13 and heard voices I don't think even back then I talked to them. I don't remember my childhood before the age of 12 or 13. Its just too long ago. I am 25 years young now. Old!! Just remember to prove how old I am I remember the Atari and I thought it had good graphics and was realistic! Its so real! Now the best game is Crysis but I bet in 10 years we will say those graphics are old and they will have 3D games or virtual reality that you can use in your house. Now as you can tell, I am confused and getting off subject. Yay.