Do you repeat yourself alot?

Page 1 of 4 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 7:46 pm

I know this is an AS thing but I was curious of if you do it alot and what people around you think (family,friends etc.). I do it alot and my mom or dad are like "you already said that once" I'm like oh. I tend to repeat stuff over but differently. Wow the sky is dark! I can't believe the sky is dark! That kind of repetition LOL! I laugh it off but my family don't like it (they don't yell they just tell me that I already said it once.) :-)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 8:03 pm

Yes
Yes I Do!
Yes I repeat myself alot.
I would have to say yes.

...on many different levels too...lieksay...in a course of a single conversation...

or, over time, I will accidentally bring up the same up the same ancedote again and again....

My (very ASish) mom will do the same thing.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 8:03 pm

yes

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 8:07 pm

I am bad about forgetting who I have told stories to and am often reminded 'You've told that one before'. I repeat things in my head constantly.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 8:14 pm

I do.
And I hate when others do it to me.

16 Aug 2008, 8:33 pm

Yes but now I ask on IM "Did I already ask you this" or "Did I tell you....."

I have gotten a lot in my teens "You already asked me that." "You already told me." I also did it on IM in my late teens and when I reached my 20's.

I have an aspie friend who repeats himself a lot. It gets annoying but that's how well I know him because of it. His repeating really gets the information stuck in my head. He now asks me "Did I already tell you about...." Sometimes I like hearing his same stories like the time his cousin was on COPS and he disowned her after that so i will tell him "tell me again."
if he hasn't told me about something before "I say no." But sometimes I realize I have heard the story before when he starts talking about it.

tinky
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Aug 2008, 8:45 pm

Kauf039
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2008, 9:28 pm

Yes I do, though I really try not to. I just forget that I've said something or it is one of my stock phrases or just plain comes out. *Shrug*

tay_tot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2008, 9:29 pm

yeah, i know what you are talking about.

when i talk i sometimes repeat myself really quick, i do it before i know i am doing it.

like ' yeah i know what you mean, do you want to go do you want to go.

its annoying!! i feel embarrassed, but its not that bad.

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2008, 9:50 pm

I always say "Yeah" and "I know". It's the only things I say when people talk to me usually.

Ryn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 10:28 pm

I oftentimes repeat myself. I'll be having a conversation, I'll mention something, and then I'll mention it again just a few minutes later having completely forgotten I had said that already. I didn't realize this was an autism thing, I just thought I was simply forgetting.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 10:40 pm

I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much. I don't repeat myself much.

OH WAIT.

yeah, i do. :b

cybershooter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2008, 11:44 pm

I used to do it all the time as a kid. Used to drive people crazy. Eventually I learned to police myself, and now I too ask people questions like "have I already told you that...?" to avoid repeating myself so much. In my mind i still repeat things over and over. And if there's a song I like, then I put it on repeat dozens of times.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 12:11 am

Yeah. I tend to repeat the last thing I said, which is a form of echolalia, plus I repeat what others say to me out aloud (but quietly, so as not to be too obvious--this is that adaptive behaviour they talk of). But, if you mean speaking of the same thing again, no (I answer/speak once, and that's it).

No one has ever said anything (which is pretty much the story of my life, which is cool).

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 12:59 am

All the time. It's embarrassing, because I'll repeat really dumb, unimportant stuff over and over.

Page 1 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next