Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

telrad
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Aug 2008, 3:13 pm

Yes--mostly when I am around strangers for some reason, but it happens more frequently when I try to tell a joke. I repeat the punchline at least twice.

I wish I could control it.

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2008, 3:45 pm

I get annoyed when my boyfriend repeats himself, I guess I used to as a kid. 8O

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 4:02 pm

I definately repeat the same things again 5 minutes later.

when I was a kid, my sister called me repeat because I'd say things over again under my breath after I said them.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 4:15 pm

Yep, I repeat myself all the time. I'll say something, then I'll rephrase it a different way, or I'll say another sentence, and the third will be the exact same sentence as the first. Some of it is habit, and some of it is because I'm not sure that the person that I'm talking to understood me, or that I got my point across. I've even noticed that I do it when I post. :oops:

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jun 2010, 3:17 pm

Oh yeah I was in this group "Just Because You Can Reproduce Doesn't Mean You Should" and I would say that my IQ is 112 and that I'm a childfree 20 year old.
Then this young mother with 2 daughters started making fun of me, then other mothers started making fun of me because of my repetitiveness.

I hate that I repeat myself all the time without even realizing it. Well to all those vile mothers I can only hope and wish that their children are treated like they treated me.

www.stewartmango.com

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 3:25 pm

of course, of course of course darn :coffee: :coffee:

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 3:32 pm

I do it on occasion, usually redundant statements, or doing the "tape recorder" bit that we in the spectrum are known for. Hell, when i was in 6th grade, i missed one word on a spelling test, "Ridiculous," so every time it came up, i would spell it out loud. Drove my family nuts.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 4:26 pm

Ofc! I have word obsessions and I repeat chosen word many many many times.
I remember when I was a child, I used to repeat I don't care. Later I changed it to of course. And later to something else. And on.
Now I speak furry compulsively.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 5:10 pm

I repeat myself waaay too much. I think I might be getting a little better at catching myself first, though.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 5:18 pm

You have no idea how many times I do it... I might of actually done it a few times on the forums.

You have no idea how many times I do it... *dawn, this thread, this thread, is is making making me me repeat repeat myself myself*

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2010, 6:17 pm

I have the tendency to repeat myself. I don't understand why I do it, but once I'm started, It's hard to stop.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 7:49 pm

constantly-people get tired of it and they keep repeating that you already said that.

Alex_M
Raven
Raven

15 Jun 2010, 11:33 pm

claire-333 wrote:
I am bad about forgetting who I have told stories to and am often reminded 'You've told that one before'. I repeat things in my head constantly.

I hear you! I always tell the same stories over and over, sometimes to the point that my family and friends get annoyed.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 11:46 pm

not really, but my sister tends to say things and then repeat herself in a whisper.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 12:03 am

sometimes I'll repeat the end of a sentence that I'm saying in a sort of whisper. It's a sort of tic and it only happens when I'm nervous/under pressure.

Otherwise no, I never ever repeat myself. It bugs me alot when other people do tbh. Not that I'll tell them to their face. Because I know many aren't choosing to do it. They just forget that they've already said that, or hinted at that, or stated that in some other fashion to me.

It's why I'd make a bad moderator, I'd really badly want to lock every repeat thread that comes up, even after a significant time frame has passed between threads. I will never post in new thread giving information I've given before, unless I feel I absolutely have to.

I realize this isn't what you're talking about btw, I just had to get it out of my system.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 12:57 am

I do. Sometimes it's because I really enjoyed whatever I was talking about (i.e. a special interest) the first time. Other times I genuinely feel like whoever I'm talking to doesn't remember what I said days/weeks/months earlier. If there's something important I want a person to know about me, I'll mention it several times over a while to make sure they'll remember it.