Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 1:49 pm

I wear t-shirts until they fall apart. Shoes too. I can't stand the smell of new clothes, because they're doused with formaldehyde. Any new clothing has to be washed immediately. The Missus goes to the store and picks out things for me. Makes me very happy ...

Feral-sapien
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Aug 2008, 2:00 pm

If it isn't almost worn out,then it isn't broken in yet. :D

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 2:23 pm

I graduated high school five years ago now and I still wear the clothes I wore then. :lol:

They're still in good shape so why not? I just don't believe in buying new clothes every year when the old ones are still in good shape, nor do I believe in spending $70+ on a single piece of clothing. But that's just me.... :roll:

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 2:35 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
I graduated high school five years ago now and I still wear the clothes I wore then. :lol:

They're still in good shape so why not? I just don't believe in buying new clothes every year when the old ones are still in good shape, nor do I believe in spending $70+ on a single piece of clothing. But that's just me.... :roll:

I'm the same. Some designer labels like Diesel are so expensive.

Last edited by corroonb on 20 Aug 2008, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntrospectiveLoser
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2008, 3:18 pm

Yup. I do that exact same thing and it drives my neuro-typical mother up the walls.
I cannot stand tight clothing of any kind. If its touching me, its bothering me. I feel claustrophobic in anything that my mom says "fits you."

I like to wear "Tents." Or baggy clothing. Really, really baggy clothing. That way it just hangs off my shoulders and floats around me. Doesn't try and sophocate me or make me worried about being seen as chubby.

Some clothing, you look fine in standing up, but you sit down in and it bunches.
Can't stand that either.

I prefer soft, cotton t-shirts, very large.

I have a select few that I've been wearing for three years. I rotate through them, even though I have lots of other shirts sitting in my closet.

I can't wear them unless the stars match up just right, or I force myself to get over the choking feeling.
I collect them, because I like their patterns, or the pictures on them.
Then I just look at them.

Or associate them with people.
I have a shirt for each person I really like that reminds me of them. I take it out when I'm lonley or miss them.
Makes me feel better.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 6:17 pm

There are many things about cotton that I can't tolerate. I only buy synthetic clothes. The majority of clothes offered for sale today are cotton so by default, I end up wearing my old, tattered stuff when I know I'm not going somewhere.

legendoftheselkie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2008, 1:15 am

I shopped at Goodwill and Salvation Army before it was cool. The clothes weren't ''vintage'' then, they were just used, but I didn't care!

d0ds0t
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2008, 5:05 pm

I think there has been over a year since I bought clothes.. Not in to fashion at all and I hate when my friends want me to go shopping with them. I don't have money to buy clothes any way..

MintLemonade
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2008, 6:16 pm

I go shopping every year I love clothes, I just try to do it online when ever possible. Sometimes I go shopping with friends. I give away my old clothes every few years, if it hasn't been worn in a year I give it away.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 9:45 pm

Some of my t-shirts are over 7 years old. Some have holes or a rip in them, but they are very comfortable and I don't get hot/unconfortable in them. I only wear them at home of course.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 10:24 am

I only wear old clothes when im at home or doing some exercise.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 11:44 am

Sure, I like to shop at the local thrift store.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 12:12 pm

Averick wrote:
Sure, I like to shop at the local thrift store.

I really meant did you wear clothes past the date when most people would buy new clothes. I don't shop at thrift stores but I do wear clothes for as long as possible.

Shadylane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Aug 2008, 1:49 pm

I don't like new clothes either, so uncomfortable, usually buy mine from secondhand stores.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Aug 2008, 6:02 pm

legendoftheselkie wrote:
I shopped at Goodwill and Salvation Army before it was cool. The clothes weren't ''vintage'' then, they were just used, but I didn't care!

I get all my work and casual wear from thrift stores and then I wash them a couple of times
and remove the tags before wearing them...saves money and my sanity...

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 12:23 pm

I wear old clothes only at home where nobody can see me, after all. For example now I'm dressed in a sweatshirt which I remember, I had at least nine years ago and red trousers from a secondhand store (with a darned hole on the left leg and having problems with its fly).

But I still have some good clothes which I can safely wear even in the street and which were worn by me in primary school (I graduated 9 years ago) a skirt, two dresses, a shirt, a pair of violet trousers, two pairs of shorts and maybe three blouses.

I have also many things bought in secondhand shops so I have no idea how old they can be.