Do more rare nerdy girls think their superior to nerdy guys?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 7:18 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Naturally, most girls are attracted to guys who are better than them : bigger, taller, stronger, smarter, more confident, more successful , more straightforward...in other term prefer a guy who can lead the relationship.

*SNORT*

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 7:30 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
So in short, nerdy guys are middle-fingered by all sides.

...Boner.

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 10:45 am

I am nerdy but never think I am any better than the guys I date, even the nerds! I feel so great to be around them. It's much harder to fake around people who don't get my joy got a Greek Verb.

I am an odd Aspie because I really do like people. But I like to be aruond nerds best because 1. There is more to talk about and 2. You can just be yourself.

naughtyrobot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2008, 4:32 pm

I must not be looking in the right places but I havent met many nerdy girls, let alone nerdy girls whom are attractive...

If there are any here on WP, the better pm me :-P

SPCDavid
Raven
Raven

10 Sep 2008, 8:38 am

What makes you a nerd though? I know people who work in the technology sector who wouldn't be categorized into nerds. Sure they sit behind a computer for a living, not everyone lets it define them.

On the other hand, I know people who work in dangerous places and live a pretty rugged lifestyle (ie: deployed soldiers) who wear glasses and like videogames. I wouldn't call any of them a nerd.

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2008, 10:26 am

SPCDavid wrote:
What makes you a nerd though? I know people who work in the technology sector who wouldn't be categorized into nerds. Sure they sit behind a computer for a living, not everyone lets it define them.

On the other hand, I know people who work in dangerous places and live a pretty rugged lifestyle (ie: deployed soldiers) who wear glasses and like videogames. I wouldn't call any of them a nerd.

I've stumbled upon this definition:
A geek is someone that lines up at the bookstore the night before the latest Harry Potter book is released.
A nerd is someone that lines up at the bookstore the night before the latest Harry Potter book is released dressed up as Harry Potter.

:lol:

foul_ball
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Sep 2008, 7:10 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Naturally, most girls are attracted to guys who are better than them : bigger, taller, stronger, smarter, more confident, more successful , more straightforward...in other term prefer a guy who can lead the relationship.

Besides the natural instincts ,even the society and media encourages this tendency.

Nerd girls usually have self-esteem issues ...so they seek someone who can compensates this weakness. Two nerdy girls once told me that they prefer straightforward and confident guys because they are the quite opposite of them , so nerdy girls usually wait to asked by a confident guy , they do attract many confident guys because they seem to be easy targets (not easy as cheap but easy as they are more likely to accept a date without playing the 'hard to get' role).

Nerdy guys have the same weaknesses of nerdy girls , but they can't use the same tactic because they are the ones who should initiate .Nerdy guys can't easily date someone opposite as sociable girl because the sociable girl is probably taken , even if they try with nerdy girls they will probably lose due to the competition versus the sociable/confident guys and due to the fact that most nerdy girls prefer sociable guys .

Even the Nerdy guys who prefer/need sociable girls can't admit or show that they prefer/need a sociable girl (so she can compensate their weaknesses) because this will a sign of weakness ....and any early sign of weakness in males exposed to a female is a turn off to the female ,that's why many guys play the fake strong/confident/fearless role in first dates.

So in short, nerdy guys are middle-fingered by all sides.

I frequently feel this way.