Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2008, 2:59 pm

Seeing the makeup thread made me wonder how many chicks here hate to wear pretty lingere or hosiery. Dh loves it when I do, but I can't stand many of those fabrics against my skin and only certain ones when I dress up to go out.
I got a pair of thong underwear, bcause everyone raved about them. Couldn't stand 'em as I constantly felt like I had a major wedgie 8O

Have ya'll found comfortable fabrics in any lingere lines recently?

Polgara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2008, 5:14 pm

It's got to be stretchy enough to adapt and good enough elastic not to slide down! :lol: Big enough with lots of spandex, slippery enough not to catch on my outerwear. I don't mind embellishments as long as they're not scratchy. Don't wear pantyhose anymore although when they came out they were a BIG improvement on what we had before. Never even been tempted by thongs because I know I would hate it. Only wear bikini style because it fits under my big tum. And I've never found a bra that I could stand. I just wear clothes that aren't too see-through! 8O (At least I hope they're not!)

Comfort is number one and after that all else is optional. But then I'm a fat old granny with an attitude and I don't care all that much for fashion.

silly_rabbi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2008, 9:06 pm

Pook wrote:
Seeing the makeup thread made me wonder how many chicks here hate to wear pretty lingere or hosiery. Dh loves it when I do, but I can't stand many of those fabrics against my skin and only certain ones when I dress up to go out.
I got a pair of thong underwear, bcause everyone raved about them. Couldn't stand 'em as I constantly felt like I had a major wedgie 8O

For my underthings...if it ain't cotton I can't wear it. And let me tell ya underwear shopping with today's fashions presents a challenge. Too much lacey satiny things out there that cover/support nothing. Hose, just never happens, because I can't ever find a pair that fits comfortably. *shrug* I'm in jeans/dress slacks 99% of the time anyways so it never particularly bothers me. And for special occasion lingerie, can't ever find anything that's cotton. It's all silk/satin.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 11:37 pm

silly_rabbi wrote:
Pook wrote:

For my underthings...if it ain't cotton I can't wear it. And let me tell ya underwear shopping with today's fashions presents a challenge. Too much lacey satiny things out there that cover/support nothing. Hose, just never happens, because I can't ever find a pair that fits comfortably. *shrug* I'm in jeans/dress slacks 99% of the time anyways so it never particularly bothers me. And for special occasion lingerie, can't ever find anything that's cotton. It's all silk/satin.

Well, do you happen to know that they make BootyThongs out of cotton too? :lol:
And pook, you might want to consider a g-string instead, the butt string is much smaller and your ass will barely feel it. :razz:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 2:06 am

^How do you know all this? :|

I can't stand clothes so well...I wear cloth that has a silk feel to it or anything soft.

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2008, 9:13 am

Haliphron wrote:
silly_rabbi wrote:
Pook wrote:

Well, do you happen to know that they make BootyThongs out of cotton too? :lol:
And pook, you might want to consider a g-string instead, the butt string is much smaller and your ass will barely feel it. :razz:

Yikes Sounds like tushie floss to me 8O :lol:

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:59 am

I've never tried a thong - I'd feel ridiculous in one, but I tried a pair of boy shorts underwear once and that didn't last long! They give you a wedgie too. I have heard the complaint about thongs and wedgies elsewhere as well. Personally I'd rather wear clothing that's loose enough that you can't see underwear lines than wear a thong. If you are going to wear something clingy, why not just go commando while you're at it? :?

My underwear has to be natural fibre so it breathes, and it has to not itch. I have problems with the elastic around the edges of briefs rubbing at the seam when I do a lot of walking, too, so I have to be careful about which styles I go with. Jockey - no. The elastic at the lower side seams works loose and irritates my skin. The styles you get in dance shops - yes. Much easier to move in.

I find far too much of women's decorative underwear itches like anything. I guess you have to be pretty thick skinned to wear it.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 6:27 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
^How do you know all this? :|

I can't stand clothes so well...I wear cloth that has a silk feel to it or anything soft.

From voyeuristic readings of womens forums that discuss undies :lol:

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:10 pm

I like the boyshorts that are cotton or a cotton blend best. They're comfy & don't give me a wedgie.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 10:37 pm

tomboy4good wrote:
I like the boyshorts that are cotton or a cotton blend best. They're comfy & don't give me a wedgie.

Me, too. The Pink by Victoria's Secret line is the best, for me at least. The ones with the lace panels in the front are really uncomfortable, but every other type of underwear in that line is awesome.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 2:16 am

Pook wrote:

cotton is good. boyshorts are comfy.
i have never worn a g string and i never will since i would not be comfy feeling like i had a wedgie.

ghouna
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Sep 2008, 2:44 am

I love nice undies, but i will never wear thong or g string things because: It is not confortable!! what is the big deal with those?

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.`.~*

Being me is great!

Dasha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Sep 2008, 6:14 pm

I do, but only when I'm going out in public. I take it off as soon as I get home

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2008, 9:16 pm

Thongs and g-strings are only any good when trying to keep panty lines away. Or when trying to seduce a partner that really just loves your ass.

There's no point in making yourself wear them unless you really "need" to. If you have to wear a certain pair of pants or certain dress and nothing else works, then that's the time to wear one but otherwise it's silly, I think. They can be super uncomfortable, especially for someone who's not used to it.

However, if you do NEED to wear one, they don't take too long to get used to. It feels really weird but you have to get one that's just a little loose, so it's not tight against your bum, and just deal with the wedgie feeling. It will pass.

As for other sexy underthings, you should be able to find almost anything you want in cotton. Lace is not required for sexy. Personally I like just basic black bikini-cut undies and a black push-up bra with lace at the top of the cups, where it doesn't really touch me, though without lace looks fine too.

Your comfort is so much more important than looking pretty in undies. At the same time, you can be comfortable and pretty. I find that Wal-Mart's basic bikini-cut undies are amazingly comfortable, soft, and pretty. My boyfriend loves them.

apprivoiser
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2008, 11:46 pm

I absolutely love the stuff; I love lace but it doesn't work on daily-wear bra's or bottoms, way too itchy. I like satin camisoles, tight crazy nylon thingys, but yes.... only cotton underwear.
I don't like prints or any kind of writing on these things; I feel it lacks class.
For like lounging/sexy;I'd pass-up my house clothes for what I especially like, :lol: art nouveau and the lingerie styles popular early in history when makers used quality fabrics and workmanship. The 80s/90s stuff's looks so cheap, yuk.
I wish I could afford exactly what I want and like, but oh well... Walmart 6packs it is.

darkwhispersdale
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Sep 2008, 10:34 am

It has to be cotton and I don't mind thongs as long as they are cotton though I still wear them very rarely.