Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 9:50 am

Erminea wrote:
I write a lot and I get so frustrated sometimes by the fact I can't keep up with the stream of thoughts.

oh yes, i hate this. and my typing skills are pretty good. i've learned touch typing just by myself from a textbook when i was about 17.

did you ever try a text input via speech recognition? my laptop just cannot recognize my words. i thought it would learn to recognize me better in time, but it just didn't work, first i've been excited, then frustrated, then angry and then i just gave up.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 10:22 am

Hi Tomamil and others,

No, I have never tried text imput via speech recognition. Probably it won't work, maybe for the same reason as yours but I have a somewhat different touch concerning language (even in English, you've probably noticed that).

Although my use of my language is qua sentence building and grammar-wise correct, I think, sometimes/ most of the time people can't follow. I can't help it; it's a deviation and I would be a very rich man now if for everytime someone said 'what did you say?' I got a Euro.

Typing for me is slower then writing with a pen. I can go like a freak very fast with a pen and it is still readable. Even for an other.
But hey, 'nough about me.

Best of luck to you all,
Ceesjan

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 10:29 am

hi Erminea and others,

i could follow that one, no euro from me :)

i have a problem of similar character, too. when writing i can at least fix it before i post. once i have everything written down, i need to reorganize the sentences, copy past them to different places, so the overall text makes more sense.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 11:16 am

Hi Tomamil,

Shame, I could use a euro. haha.

Same here, writing, choping things up, rearranging. Nice isn't it?

Btw. my dictionairy is starting to hate me and is beginning to fall apart. With my other books he started a conspiracy against me and now they (I have quite a lot of books) are threatening me and they are gonna kick me out of my home. What to do?

hahahahahahahahahaha.

Best of luck to you,
Ceesjan

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 1:31 am

Yeah I have that problem, Im trying to explain things but my brain is going faster then my mouth so my speech will sometimes come out where im jumping to things too quickly without explantions. So I've learned to explain my explanations before I jump straight to another statement. My boyfriend noted that I pick up upon 3 different subjects at one time. I've had several friends
tell me that I think of the most random things and I'll go off on the strangest tangents. When I make the connection in my brain but it can seem random to most.

cursed_brunette
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Sep 2008, 3:07 am

My brain works much faster than my ability to speak. The words come out all combined together.. I talk so fast sometimes that I forget to use some words... Then I have to realize that I have left out words and the sentence doesn't make sense.

I also have very abstract ways of thinking~ while in conversation... the funny thing is that I can see multiple possibilities to the same exact question, all at the very same time... My opinion or answer would/is based on the combination of, exclusion of all the information available to me. ... it just takes a few minutes/seconds for it to be processed. kind of like .... put a question into a computer ~ it analyzes it & then spits out the answer after considering all available data...

I studder quite frequently...

Often I forget my point~ I think so fast that the thoughts go into a multitude of directions... Embarrassingly enough I have "What was the question again?" (frustrating at best)