Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 12:55 am

I've tried online dating several times, to no success. I think the reason is because I generally come off as a more interesting, pleasant, and, well, attractive person online than in real life. Undoubtedly a lot of this is due to my aspie traits that aren't as easily detectable online (poor eye contact, gestures, etc). The last girl I went on a date with that I met on the internet said I made her feel uncomfortable not because of anything in particular that I said or did, but just the vibe I gave off.

So, I think it's best that I find someone who becomes attracted to my real-life personality. It'll probably take a while, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2005, 10:26 pm

mikibacsi1124 wrote:
I've tried online dating several times, to no success. I think the reason is because I generally come off as a more interesting, pleasant, and, well, attractive person online than in real life. Undoubtedly a lot of this is due to my aspie traits that aren't as easily detectable online (poor eye contact, gestures, etc). The last girl I went on a date with that I met on the internet said I made her feel uncomfortable not because of anything in particular that I said or did, but just the vibe I gave off.

So, I think it's best that I find someone who becomes attracted to my real-life personality. It'll probably take a while, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Girls have this obsession with body language. That's why Aspie men are screwed.