Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2008, 10:59 am

I know many Aspies have coordination problems and some don't participate in sports. That pretty much covers me, but I was wondering if anyone else has low endurance.

I know when I walked with my friends years ago they often wondered if I could hurry up and sometimes seem to slow their pace for my sake. Don't know how much of it physical and how much is not wanting to have that bouncy like walk that seems to be a characteristic.

Brunny
Raven
Raven

06 Sep 2008, 11:41 am

LOL, I have the bouncy walk. Well, I was told so when I was a teenager. Apparently I was known for it and people laughed about it. Though it was not one of the things I was laughed at openly for, for some reason, though people did laugh at me openly for other things. But I was told that people laughed about it behind my back.

Actually I tend to walk really fast. I also eat really fast. People used to joke that I was a Muslim because my girlfriend would always be several yards behind me.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 12:07 pm

I can walk very fast, I eat very fast, and indigestion is not a word I'm familiar with 8)

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2008, 12:08 pm

So do the majority move that fast you think? People have always been frustrated that I don't seem to work or play sports with much energy and enthusiasm. Don't know if it is because of the few OCD traits I have or it is more of a physical nature.

kbergren21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2008, 5:32 pm

Brunny wrote:
LOL, I have the bouncy walk. Well, I was told so when I was a teenager. Apparently I was known for it and people laughed about it. Though it was not one of the things I was laughed at openly for, for some reason, though people did laugh at me openly for other things. But I was told that people laughed about it behind my back.

Actually I tend to walk really fast. I also eat really fast. People used to joke that I was a Muslim because my girlfriend would always be several yards behind me.

I used to have odd foot moment. Then went to a foot doctor... Apparently I had high arches all my life and that was causing it. A couple of specialized insouls and goods shoes made all the difference!

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 6:00 pm

I was trained out of the bobbing walk thing at karate. Great for posture and balance and coordination, I really recommend it! I do still walk funny (my feet turn inwards) but if I think about it I can cover it up pretty well.

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2008, 10:47 pm

Some good suggestions. I know I have high arches too and combined with poor posture I do sometimes get some lower back pain. I hadn't thought of checking with a podiatrist.

Did either of you have foot abnormalities when you were young? When I was a toddler my parents had to have a cast put on my left leg to encourage my foot from turning inward. And at night I had to wear a metal bar with baby shoes that kept them in a certain position. I have one memory of banging them against my crib and hating them. My parents said I refused to wear the bar at night so they gave up with that method.